moving: advice on multi plexers

Atheist Peace

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
ohio
I am moving and for reasons I can not use movers connection. so I am moving my dish and spliters my self. I have a dish with 4 outputs to the house. inside I have 2 multi plexers. one is a zinwell and I believe it uses 2 cables to each receiver. and I have a swim that takes a power lead and i believe only requires 1 run to each receiver. I only need 3 DVRs at the new location but I really only want to run 1 line to each. how do I wire my receivers? . will i still need both?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Atheist Peace!

Get a swm lnb. It has one output that runs to a swm four way splitter where you can connect one cable to each receiver. You also need to connect the power inserter which must be on the power passing port of the splitter to the dish.

Reactions: Jimbo
You can get the swm 3 lnb and a four way swm splitter for under $50. Check eBay.

I am not nor am i ever planning on doing genie.. does that matter?

It still makes sense to get the reverse band LNB, that will give you the simple one coax per DVR wiring you want and access to all of Directv's channels even those you may never want to watch like Spanish or international channels. You may never need reverse band but it can't hurt to have it even if you don't watch anything delivered on it.

The second offer marked "XPEEVO" with the Slimline-3 RB LNB is better.

The 5 LNB RB in the first offer there is actually the one I have. And it's really a waste today.

As 110 is dead now and since 119 is being phased out. Your receiver firmware is now programmed to ignore virtually everything coming from the satellite there and automatically default to receiving the RB at 99 where almost all of 119's programming is mirrored now.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

OK that showed up fast.. now where do i wire in the power unit? between the dish and the splitter? or after the spitter?

Last edited:
OK that showed up fast.. now where do i wire in the power unit? between the dish and the splitter? or after the spitter?
Either location ...

Just make sure the PI is indoors somewhere as it's not weatherproof.

And if placed after the splitter, is someplace on the coax run to the red colored power passing port.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)