“moving” advice

Dembinskij76

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Centerton, AR
I live in Arkansas where the St. Louis Cardinals and the KC Royals are considered a local team. I am looking to see if I can “move” to locals from either from Tennessee or Texas where these teams would be considered out of market so I can get them on extra innings. Is there a map somewhere that would tell me what locals may overlap where I am located?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I live in Arkansas where the St. Louis Cardinals and the KC Royals are considered a local team. I am looking to see if I can “move” to locals from either from Tennessee or Texas where these teams would be considered out of market so I can get them on extra innings. Is there a map somewhere that would tell me what locals may overlap where I am located?

Is a map where you can see who claims what.

Is a link you can punch the zip code in to confirm.

Ideally you would want somewhere close to you so you can still get locals, but you would also be blacked out when the Cardinals / Royals play the team(s) where you live. Issue with Texas is the entire state is the Rangers and Astros so would be two teams to deal with. Tennessee would depend where, most areas would be the Braves and Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are on Eastern Arc, you could try "moving" to Cincinnati. Dish puts Cincinnati locals on CONUS transponders, so you would be able to receive those locals wherever you live. Cincinnati used to require the 77 satellite, but Dish recently started mirroring those channels at the 72 satellite, which is also CONUS. (All of the local cities currently being carried at 77 may soon be taken away from that satellite as Dish migrates the locals to other satellites.) As far as blackouts, there would only be one team (Reds) to deal with being blacked out whenever one of your teams plays them. Here's a hint: if you "move" to the Cincinnati market, try an address in the southeast corner of Indiana. That way, you will avoid the sales tax and/or state surcharges that are put on the Dish bill for subscribers in Ohio and Kentucky.

I only have access to 110, 119, and 129. I don’t have 72, 77 or 61.5. My locals are out of Ft. Smith, Arkansas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts