moving and losing waivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I am moving and do not want to lose my waivers. If I call Directv to change my address will the computer automatically turn off my DNS?

I realize the waiver is for my address, but will they remember to turn them off?

I would only change my billing address but I want to get the new dish and receiver for Super fan and Chicago HD locals

The best bet is to change your mailing address to a PO Box. Tell DTV that there's been mailbox theft and all your mail with acct #'s go to a secure box, but keep your service addy the same.

When the new dish comes out bribe the installer that will call you the night before to put your old addy on his paperwork but put the dish at your new location.

Movers wouldn't get a new receiver until they start the swap out with the new dish.

It all depends on how far you are moving if projectsrule idea would work. We moved 60 miles and did not loose our waivers. We still get all our locals plus the east and west networks.

ClemSole said:
It all depends on how far you are moving if projectsrule idea would work. We moved 60 miles and did not loose our waivers. We still get all our locals plus the east and west networks.

When did you move? Since about last October, ANY service address moves will cause loss of ALL waivers on an account & now, the law states you CANNOT get any distant nets if you are in a LIL area.

I just went online and changed my mailing address and home number after I moved. I never did update my address for the receiver.... My distants never have been interrupted.

JerryVolunteer said:
I just went online and changed my mailing address and home number after I moved. I never did update my address for the receiver.... My distants never have been interrupted.

What do you plan on doing if someone tries to sub to D* at your old physical address? (or is it some sort of "virtual" address ;) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)