Moving and Techincal Support

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
If I were to "move", but then subsequently needed technical support, am I out of luck? What if my receiver dies and I need a new one? Will they send it to my real address instead of my virtual address?

If I were to "move", but then subsequently needed technical support, am I out of luck? What if my receiver dies and I need a new one? Will they send it to my real address instead of my virtual address?

Generally to your "service" address so you have to move back most of the time. Some have convinced the CSR to send to the billing address but it's a dicey proposition. Unless you know someone at the "service" address, it's likely best to move back.

I live in West Lafayette, IN and moved to Atlanta when their HD was still CONUS. I had an LNB go out, and I just called the local installer (Cellular Connection) directly and they came out and replaced the LNB free of charge. I didn't have to move back, and I don't think they reported anything about me specifically to Dish Network. If you know a local installer, they might be able to help you, but it might cost more than if you went through Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts