Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Hi, guys. I am a "mover" for sports reasons, just like many of you here, but I've had bad lightning strikes at my house in the past (having caused blown HDMI ports, ruined motherboards in my LCD tv's etc). So I'm strongly considering getting Directv's new Protection Plan Premier, which is claiming to cover all my TV's, stereo equipment and the whole lot. My question is, with my physical address not being the same as my billing address, do you think it would be hard to make a claim if I ever actually needed to use the Protection Plan?

Probably impossible. A tech will only come to your service address

From what I understand, they don't send techs for equipment other than the DTV receivers. For TV's and stereo equipment, you take it (or send it) to a repair facility.

comfortably_numb said:
From what I understand, they don't send techs for equipment other than the DTV receivers. For TV's and stereo equipment, you take it (or send it) to a repair facility.

Depends. If they believe they can repair it onsite then they will send an agent out. This is actually a question I've been waiting to see for awhile.

I would not recommend it, I think you're nearly bound to end up in a difficult conversation at some point.

I guess you could always move back the first time you have a problem, but even if they just want to ship you a replacement device they'd probably default to your service address. At some point you're dealing with a third party insurance company, I just see it becoming a mess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts