Moving and upgrading to 4K worries

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
I just put in a move order with upgrade to 4K. The rep on the phone seemed a little confused and kept talking about the small genie as my 4K receiver on my main TV. I kept explaining that I wanted the larger, HR54 box for my main 4K TV because the mini clients are stupid slow. I mean to the point of wanting to throw your remote across the room because you can't enter in 3 digits for a channel without it freezing and going to a 2 digit channel instead. It's an awful experience and one I shouldn't have to put up with period. But if I do, it better not be on my $1700 tv. The rep seemed very hesitant to explain any of this as it sounds like I would need 2 boxes at my main 4K tv? Is this really true?

The HR54 cannot directly output 4K. It is recommended to have the 54 at a non 4K tv and have the C61K at the 4K tv to minimize cost, otherwise you pay for it as a secondary tv while only having 1 TV. I don't have any issues with responsiveness on my C41, C51 or C61K. Are by chance coming from an HR34 server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZ. and peelpub94
The HR34 is likely the root cause of the slow response. Those have been a piece of junk for a couple years. Your experience with an HR54 will be night and day.

Reactions: peelpub94
The HR34 is likely the root cause of the slow response. Those have been a piece of junk for a couple years. Your experience with an HR54 will be night and day.

Awesome... thank you!

The HR54 cannot directly output 4K. It is recommended to have the 54 at a non 4K tv and have the C61K at the 4K tv to minimize cost, otherwise you pay for it as a secondary tv while only having 1 TV. I don't have any issues with responsiveness on my C41, C51 or C61K. Are by chance coming from an HR34 server?

Also, not all brands support the new C61. My Samsung UHD would not work.

Wow, what?

I just got the Samsung KS8000 the other day- it better be compatible.

Edit: Just checked, it's compatible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts