Moving Back/moving Again ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
About a year ago, I changed my Service Address so I could get the Distant Networks. I want to purchase a LCD TV for my upstairs living room. Right now, I have a regular DirecTV receiver and a Tivo. I obviously would like to get a HD receiver and DVR for the new LCD TV. My question is this. Wont I have to change my Service Address again before I order the equipment thru DirecTV so the installer wont say anything? Then I'm assuming perhaps after a month or so I can call and change my Service Address back to where I have it now?

About a year ago, I changed my Service Address so I could get the Distant Networks. I want to purchase a LCD TV for my upstairs living room. Right now, I have a regular DirecTV receiver and a Tivo. I obviously would like to get a HD receiver and DVR for the new LCD TV. My question is this. Wont I have to change my Service Address again before I order the equipment thru DirecTV so the installer wont say anything? Then I'm assuming perhaps after a month or so I can call and change my Service Address back to where I have it now?
Yes !! You will! For one reason Directv doesn't ship HD receivers in the mail or UPS.A Directv tech. will have to bring and install new HD equipment.If you service address is fake,How do you expect to get an install? The only other way would be buy your own receiver from bestbuy or a used one yourself and don't forget about your 5 lnb dish.

The other thing to consider with going HD as Hemi mentioned is you need the 5 LNB dish for future HD. All HD locals and Regional Sports are being spotbeamed so you have to be within a certain range of the spotbeams for it to work. So you couldnt get lets say Denver HD locals if you live in St. Louis.

We are not sure how the new 100 HD channels are going to be distributed when the new satellite launches. Some may be national CONUS but others might be spotbeamed. No matter what, you will need MPEG4 capable equipment to get any NEW HD channels going forward.

About a year ago, I changed my Service Address so I could get the Distant Networks. ... Then I'm assuming perhaps after a month or so I can call and change my Service Address back to where I have it now?

Do be aware that you might LOOSE your DNS service after you change your service address & you may never be able to get them back. ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)