Moving back to Directv, got some great deals bundling with ATT internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Had moved to mediacom because it was a great deal to bundle with their cable internet service when they put it into my area.

Well, a couple of months ago we got ATT gigabit internet and I swapped, and love it. Now the mediacom TV deal ain't so hot. Decided to go ahead and check the bundle options today on my online ATT account, to add Directv Xtra, and it was pretty dang good.

$10 off a month on my gigabit service for bundling
$54 off a month on the Xtra All Included Plan for 24 months
Genie and Genie Mini Free
$200 rewards card

Not a bad haul.

Had moved to mediacom because it was a great deal to bundle with their cable internet service when they put it into my area.

Well, a couple of months ago we got ATT gigabit internet and I swapped, and love it. Now the mediacom TV deal ain't so hot. Decided to go ahead and check the bundle options today on my online ATT account, to add Directv Xtra, and it was pretty dang good.

$10 off a month on my gigabit service for bundling
$54 off a month on the Xtra All Included Plan for 24 months
Genie and Genie Mini Free
$200 rewards card

Not a bad haul.
Although I don't predict I would switch to ATT anytime soon (I LOVE Verizon), but if I ever do switch, is it possible to bundle with cell phone on a "moved" account? (I definitely would love data-free TV!)

Although I don't predict I would switch to ATT anytime soon (I LOVE Verizon), but if I ever do switch, is it possible to bundle with cell phone on a "moved" account? (I definitely would love data-free TV!)

It is possible, but not recommended to combine billing of DirecTV and Wireless. I have both, but separate billing, and I get the $10 autopay, $25 Directv, and Free HBO discounts that go with my Unlimited Wireless plan. I plan to move to a neighborhood with AT&T Gigapower soon, and I expect to save a little on that server by bundling as well. Not sure if it will be a separate bill or not, but the important thing is to not combine billing with wireless and Directv. It is not necessary to get the discounts.

Also, I regularly take advantage of the data-free Directv streaming in my iPhone to watch shows while away from home.

It is possible, but not recommended to combine billing of DirecTV and Wireless. I have both, but separate billing, and I get the $10 autopay, $25 Directv, and Free HBO discounts that go with my Unlimited Wireless plan. I plan to move to a neighborhood with AT&T Gigapower soon, and I expect to save a little on that server by bundling as well. Not sure if it will be a separate bill or not, but the important thing is to not combine billing with wireless and Directv. It is not necessary to get the discounts.

Also, I regularly take advantage of the data-free Directv streaming in my iPhone to watch shows while away from home.
I'm not sure if you understood me or not. I'm talking about combining billing when you're "moved".

I'm not sure if you understood me or not. I'm talking about combining billing when you're "moved".

Doesn't matter. I don't recommend it. I wouldn't combine billing of DirecTV with any AT&T services. There is no upside and a lot of downside. All of the discounts are available without combining billing, and, if you do combine billing, chances are you will have ongoing issues.

I think I understand what you are saying, and I have a "moved" account with my billing address for DirecTv the same as my ATT cell phone address, and both accounts use the same email address. I don't have combined billing but from what others said, the system should automatically recognize the $25 discount if I was to switch to Unlimited Plus. I am hesitate though as multiple times a month I get snail mail from DirecTv saying that as a current customer of ATT I can get a great DirecTv deal if I switched to them, and mail from DirecTv saying I can get a great ATT Wireless deal if I switch, so I am guessing they are using the service address to match the accounts.

I think I understand what you are saying, and I have a "moved" account with my billing address for DirecTv the same as my ATT cell phone address, and both accounts use the same email address. I don't have combined billing but from what others said, the system should automatically recognize the $25 discount if I was to switch to Unlimited Plus. I am hesitate though as multiple times a month I get snail mail from DirecTv saying that as a current customer of ATT I can get a great DirecTv deal if I switched to them, and mail from DirecTv saying I can get a great ATT Wireless deal if I switch, so I am guessing they are using the service address to match the accounts.

DirectTV/AT&T's direct marketing firm just doesn't do a good job of noticing you are already a customer. I still get snail mail from both AT&T Wireless and DirecTV offering me new customer deals.

Glad I swapped, saving $$$ but also its obvious the Directv PQ is one of the better ones out there. HR54 works well, just old GUI.

Glad I swapped, saving $$$ but also its obvious the Directv PQ is one of the better ones out there. HR54 works well, just old GUI.
Your right, but I'll take Picture Quality over GUI any day.

When ever they decide to change the GUI, I'm sure many will not like it. Just the way it goes.

I combined bills about six months ago thinking it would make things easier. Boy was I wrong. After three months of wrong bills and calls trying to fix them, things have finally settled down. Take it from from someone who did it...., DONT DO IT.

I combined bills about six months ago thinking it would make things easier. Boy was I wrong. After three months of wrong bills and calls trying to fix them, things have finally settled down. Take it from from someone who did it...., DONT DO IT.

I had combined billing for few years and I feel your pain, it sucks when you need an issue resolved but you always get the wrong person because they can't help people with combined bills...But I'll take the $120 yearly discount.

I haven't combined my two bills because of what I read in this site, I don't need more headaches. I noticed today that my Directv bill period changed dates. It's always been on the 15th and it changed to today (10th). My ATT bill's date closes on the 9th, just wondering if they're trying to make it easier to combine the bills by making it the same day.

Do not combine your bills!! I have 3 ATT accounts along with a Directv, soon to be 2, accounts. I combined the billing & totally regret it. Constantly having login issues with monthly calls to reset passwords on the accounts, even after separating them.

Reactions: ncted
Do not combine your bills!! I have 3 ATT accounts along with a Directv, soon to be 2, accounts. I combined the billing & totally regret it. Constantly having login issues with monthly calls to reset passwords on the accounts, even after separating them.

Isn't that the only way to get the 2 year lock in price for all the equipment included in the price per month?

I got an add from ATT/Direct that says 150 channels, internet and phone $90 per month for two years, but the fine print at the bottom says, that my contract is for 24 mos for Direct and 12 months for internet. So what do I pay for internet after the 12 months or is my $90 price lock good for the 24 mos. PLus when I try to find what channels I get for 150 channels, I get a long list that I have to click on each channel to see what package it is included in. I need a link to the 150 channel list only.

I got an add from ATT/Direct that says 150 channels, internet and phone $90 per month for two years, but the fine print at the bottom says, that my contract is for 24 mos for Direct and 12 months for internet. So what do I pay for internet after the 12 months or is my $90 price lock good for the 24 mos. PLus when I try to find what channels I get for 150 channels, I get a long list that I have to click on each channel to see what package it is included in. I need a link to the 150 channel list only.
Call and inquire ....

New to this forum... so someone help me clarify on these packages.

I currently have an AT&T wireless plan (10GB data cap) along with Dish which ends this month. These bundles caught my eye with the AT&T Unlimited Plus plan.... but from what is posted above it's a better idea to keep them separate?

If so, which service do I need to do first? Sign up for DirecTV or upgrade to the Unlimited Choice plan?

Last edited:
New to this forum... so someone help me clarify on these packages.

I currently have an AT&T wireless plan (10GB data cap) along with Dish which ends this month. These bundles caught my eye with the AT&T Unlimited Plus plan.... but from what is posted above it's a better idea to keep them separate?

If so, which service do I need to do first? Sign up for DirecTV or upgrade to the Unlimited Choice plan?

To clarify: It is better to keep the billing separate. You can get the discounts without having everything on one bill as long as the billing addresses are the same. If you have AT&T Wireless now, you can upgrade to the Unlimited Plus Wireless plan and then order DirecTV (whatever package and equipment serve your needs). The order probably doesn't make a huge difference.

If you are coming from Dish, please be aware of the differences between it and DirecTV. For instance: the channel packages can have large differences, and the equipment operates differently and has different capabilities. If you share a bit about your current setup and how you use it, the nice folks here should be able to help point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If you share a bit about your current setup and how you use it, the nice folks here should be able to help point you in the right direction.

I have America's Top 120 with Dish. We really don't use too many of the features besides the DVR. Streaming is not an option for us with satellite internet. Current package will go up to $79/month with Dish. They did offer to throw in all the movie channels and HBO for free over the next 24 months.

We only have the Hopper, but we do plan to expand to multiple rooms with the mini's if we switch. How good are the wireless capabilities? It's not a large house (2,100 sq feet downstairs with the Genie going directly into the center room).

Main requirements are SEC Network, HGTV, and the NFL Direct Ticket package (free for first year). HBO free would be great as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts