Moving Before A Year is Up to an Apartment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Balcony is a no go, it's east facing and masonry. My landlord wants a non pen mount on the roof and honestly that's the only way it'll work anyway. I'll call dtv today and see what's up. It's nice to know that non penetrating mounts are included now as 80 bucks tacked onto the 250 was probably going to force me to go without dtv for a month.
Is the roof flat or pitched?. Is the roof accessible? If the tech cannot get up there or if the pitch is steep, you may have a problem.
Is it at all possible to move to an apartment that faces the correct direction?
It looks like you've stirred up a bit of a bees nest. Good luck!

Is the roof flat or pitched?. Is the roof accessible? If the tech cannot get up there or if the pitch is steep, you may have a problem.
Is it at all possible to move to an apartment that faces the correct direction?
It looks like you've stirred up a bit of a bees nest. Good luck!

It is flat and accessible by a ladder that is attached to the side of the building.

The foreseeable problems are:
1) Cost
2) getting the signal inside- The Cable box on the exterior of the building *might* be cable company owned and therefore locked. In which case I need to figure out another way to get the signal inside without drilling.

It is flat and accessible by a ladder that is attached to the side of the building.

The foreseeable problems are:
1) Cost
2) getting the signal inside- The Cable box on the exterior of the building *might* be cable company owned and therefore locked. In which case I need to figure out another way to get the signal inside without drilling.

When we had satellite while living in an apartment we used those flat coax cables to get the signal inside through a closed window.

Great news: Finally called Directv and it's only $149 for relocation. Well within my budget (and cheaper than doing it myself). We'll see how installation goes on Sunday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts