Moving cross country, go with Mover's Deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryansebiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
I've been a DirecTV customer since July 2011. My family and I are moving across the country at the end of the month. We're flying while a moving company hauls our stuff over.

Thing is, we won't know our new address until we arrive. We're going to rent a car and get a hotel until we sign a lease at one of the apartments we've found online. Thing is, not all of them will allow for satellite dishes to be installed.

My question is, should I call D* about the Mover's Deal, or will they try to charge me? I'll need them to take down the dish before we move. Does the "Deal" add 12 months onto my contract? If our new place doesn't allow dish installs, can I get out of my D* contract?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I've been a DirecTV customer since July 2011. My family and I are moving across the country at the end of the month. We're flying while a moving company hauls our stuff over.

Thing is, we won't know our new address until we arrive. We're going to rent a car and get a hotel until we sign a lease at one of the apartments we've found online. Thing is, not all of them will allow for satellite dishes to be installed.

My question is, should I call D* about the Mover's Deal, or will they try to charge me? I'll need them to take down the dish before we move. Does the "Deal" add 12 months onto my contract? If our new place doesn't allow dish installs, can I get out of my D* contract?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

YES, you can use the Movers Deal.
I would wait till you find a place to call them, when picking your new apt, take into consideration you'll need a S/SW exposure and of course verify that you can have dishes on the property.

Don't know about it adding to your contract, don't think so, but I don't know either.

Will they allow you out of your contract, Probably not.

You take your recvrs with you and leave the dish.

Thanks for your reply Jimbo.

I can definitely take my receiver with me and wait to call them until I've found my new place.

However, how will I remove the dish? It's up on my roof and I have no clue how to go about removing it.

So is this timeline not possible?

• I call D* about the mover's deal
  • They take my dish down
  • I move cross country with my receiver
  • I call them with my new address
  • They install the dish at my new place

If you use mover's connection, you don't need to take down the dish. The installer will put up a new dish in your new location.

If you are moving west of the Mississippi, you will need a south to southeast view for the dish, south to southwest if you are east of the Mississippi.

Status
Please reply by conversation.