Moving dish and sidecar questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SCypher

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Hi, I'm new to the forum but have had a BUD for over 15 years. We built a new garage right behind the dish due to easement issues that is where it had to go. Close enough that my husband told them to dig that part of the foundation by hand sadly they didn't listen and bumped the pad with the backhoe tilting the dish forward. Then realized after it was built that the eaves prevent full movement of dish so need to move it. We have poured the new pad now need to physically move it. It is a 10 footer. Any suggestions how to do it. Only need to move it about 5 or 6 ft.
Right now we are only receiving G5. Have a good enough signal to get the green icon but no picture just rolling colors. Nothing appears to happen when I try to call up the menu.

Is there another way to move the dish besides doing it ourselves. Seemed pretty heavy when 2 of us tried it lift it straight up off the post in a test. Can just see it being unbalanced and falling back on the original post or mashing against the garage. How heavy are the mesh dishes plus mounting hardware? This is a 10 footer.

You may have some rust making it sticky to pull up. Three burly guys, no problem. I set my 10 footer with a stringbean pal of mine.

Yep, it may be hung up with some rust/gunk.

Try twisting the mount on the pole before you try lifting, that should break it loose.

Liberal application of PB Blaster and tapping the mount/pole connection with a hammer/wood block might help if it's being stubborn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)