Moving Equipment inside house

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
hey all, gotta quick question
right now have a 622 which is shared into another room, have a seperate bedroom that has its own receiver (i believe its a 722), how do i go about flipping the shared room with the room that has its own receiver? can i just go to the diplexer and switch wires? (obviously i'd need to also move the box, but thats a given)
thanks

hey all, gotta quick question
right now have a 622 which is shared into another room, have a seperate bedroom that has its own receiver (i believe its a 722), how do i go about flipping the shared room with the room that has its own receiver? can i just go to the diplexer and switch wires? (obviously i'd need to also move the box, but thats a given)
thanks
Call DISH and setup a service call. If you don't know what your equipment is you also don't have the patience to change connections.

wow sorry....seems someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed....i didn't know the model because the person who stays in that room was asleep, and its kinda rude to go into someones room at 5am...
anyhow

its a 612

Can i just go to the diplexer and switch wires?

Probably. Depends on where the antenna-facing diplexer is, when compared to the cable going directly from antenna to the current location of the 612.

Ok going to try to describe this as best as possible. 612 is a solo receiver (1 TV). This will need a run direct from SAT or Switch if one exists. 722 is Dual (2 TV) you will need a run from SAT or from or switch if one exists. You will need to break this run and insert a diplexer. Connect the sat feed to the sat connector on the diplexer and the UHF to the second set you wish to feed. Then run a cable from the input of the diplexer to the location of your 722. Your 722 may either have a triplexer or a diplexer and a seperator. If it has a Triplexer connect the sat feed to the input, sat one and two to your inputs on the 722 and the antenna lug to the home distribution on the 722. If it has a diplexer and separator, then you feed the sat cable first to input on the diplexer, the sat out to the separator, the uhf to the home distribution on the sat box. Then the two outs on the separator go to the two sat ins on the sat box.

I'm sure that makes things pretty much clear as mud, but without access to some drawing tools at the moment that the best I can do for right now.

okay sweet...got some direction...barely got home right now, so im unable to see what it going on off the feed coming from the dish...i'm hopin to be home before sundown tomorrow so i can see everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)