Moving files from one hopper to another

Jasper70

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Sequim,WA
I know that the hoppers have the option of being connected together via an ethernet cable and files moved from one hopper to another. Can you select the files to be moved or do they all get moved in one operation?

When I did my H3 upgrade I moved one HwS to an EHD and am still using that drive that way since I didn't move the programming back on to the new H3 since it was defective and was replaced. I also had to migrate another HwS to an H3 and since using an EHD took forever and half the transfers won't play back. I did the Ethernet between the H3 and the HwS and it worked great! H3 to H3 is flawless though. Better than using the EHD. I experimented with different sized blocks of programming and was able to move farely large blocks. But I'd take it easy.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was able to transfer my recordings from HWS to Hopper 3, but the Timers didn't transfer and of course we're wiped out along with the recordings on the HWS, after the transfer. You would think the timers would transfer also. But they didn't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was able to transfer my recordings from HWS to Hopper 3, but the Timers didn't transfer and of course we're wiped out along with the recordings on the HWS, after the transfer. You would think the timers would transfer also. But they didn't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The timers and settings are stored in the remote. Did you try to restore them from a remote?