"Moving" from Austin, TX to Cleveland OH-Is It Possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dclboro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I will be signing up for Directv service just north of Austin, TX but I want the convenience of having the Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio. Will this move work for me? I know that I won't have my local Austin channles anymore, but I figured I could use an OTA antenna to pick up those channels. Thanks in advance for any help.

if i have three receivers and one account, can i use one reciever in austin home and two in Huntsvillt tx. if so what is the setting for zip code 78606

I will be signing up for Directv service just north of Austin, TX but I want the convenience of having the Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio. Will this move work for me? I know that I won't have my local Austin channles anymore, but I figured I could use an OTA antenna to pick up those channels. Thanks in advance for any help.

The Cleveland locals are on a spot beam and can't be picked up in Austin. I suspect the same is also true for the sports channels.

I knew I wouldn't be able to get the Cleveland locals, but I thought that I could possibly be able to get Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio. Does anyone else have any knowledge on this?

Your Title line and what you are saying is confussing?!?!

If you are moving to Cleveland like you said in the title....then you will have all the Sports channels. No OTA pick up from Austin TX.

If you are moving to Austin TX, then you can still get Fox Sports Ohio (637) and Sports Time Ohio (657) if you have the sports packages. If you want to watch MLB on STO I think you will need the MLB EI.

Sorry if I was being confusing. I live in Austin, but I want to change my service address to Cleveland so I get Fox Sports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio games and they won't be blocked. I understand I won't get Cleveland locals such as NBC, ABC, etc. but I can still pull in the Austin locals with an OTA antenna. I'm wondering if this will work.

"Technically" it should work. The RSN's are not spotbeamed anymore (IIRC). And OTA in your local market should work just fine. Just don't call for a tech visit while still moved. ;)

There is a lot less talk about "moving" on the DTV threads than on the Dish threads. Unless you are just not interested in getting the MLB EI package I don't see much reason to do it unless you really want locals from someplace else in the same footprint. From what I've seen, DTV does a much better job than Dish with the Sports Pack. If you are willing to pay the extra bucks for MLB EI it's a better way to go.

Not clear if you are interested in HD. If you are signing for HD and want the HD-DVR more likely than not you'll wind up with the HR21 which does not support OTA at the present time (but there is an add on that will be available soon).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)