Wireless Transmitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rleach0720

Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Need to get satellite signal to two rooms in my house that will be very difficult to cable. Have sat receivers for the rooms and want to be able to select channels in each room. Installer told me there is a wireless transmitter I can get that RG-6 will plug into and transmit signal to receiver attached to sat receiver. Can't find anything on Google using a multitude of search terms. Does such a thing exist?

I've seen transmitters that send audio and video, but I don't know about the remote part. They only send the signal it gets from the sat receiver to the tv. They will not send the satellite signal from the LNB/multi-switch to the sat receiver. If remote control functionality is not supported you could get another unit for that.

Sure, that's easy. You can google search for UHF TV transmitter kit. That allows the program to be transmitted from the directv receiver on a UHF TV channel. Then you need to get the remote control extender, I think Terk, or some other companies make it. I bought one at Circuit City. They are little black pyramid shaped things about 6 inches in height that allow you to control the receiver via RF from another room.

Am not sure if I am asking the question correctly, but the sat receivers I add need to have the same functionality as though they were hooked directly to RG6 from the dish. I think what I am looking for is a wireless line extender!

This cannot be done because each receiver send dc voltage to the dish for control purposses

Loganbay is correct. The devices above will not connect the dish to the receiver.

Seems like someone would make one because of the demand. They won't be under 100 dollars though.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)