Moving from DIRECTV to Optimum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannsh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Clinton, MT
We have moving again. We are moving from Three Forks, MT to Clinton, MT. We are not leaving DIRECTV because we are unhappy with the service. Our new location according to our new landlord in not satellite friendly. He went to cable there after suffering may interruptions from storms. Clinton is just east of Missoula in between two high mountains. The only internet service is through Optimum. So be bundled and are actually saving more money than with DIRECTV and our current internet provider. Optimum will pay for our DIRECTV disconnect. I do not see a Optimum forum on this site. Just references to Cablevision. We may be back with DIRECTV should we move again in a year or two.

Cablevision is optimum. I still have it for internet, and it is very good for that. We had it for T.V. over 4 years ago, and back then the boxes were terribly slow. I have D* now and hear people complain about lag with them, but it is nothing compared to Cablevision. Hopefully they have upgraded their equipment or software since then. Other than that, they were pretty good, but when the promo price ended, they got pretty expensive, but all of the providers do this. Also, if you are a football fan, they finally signed with the NFL network a couple of weeks ago, so I believe that you can get the Red Zone Channel also. At least if you are not happy with Optimum, you shouldn't be under any contracts. Hope this helps, and Good Luck.....

His area is the old Bresnan area that is now Optimum West
(still under the cablevision umbrella)

His area is the old Bresnan area that is now Optimum West
(still under the cablevision umbrella)
Thanks for the information and advice. I will find out if Optimum has improved with the DVR they use. I did not realize that Optimum was under the cablevision umbrella. I was aware that Optimum West was Bresnan.
Optimum has no contract. I am more of a college football fan than an NFL fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)