Moving From Dish but have ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cherk543

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I have been with Dish Network for over 10 years and finally have had enough. Losing HD channels we watch was the last straw.

I ordered Direct TV last night. I like the Whole Home DVR concept. I ordered 1 HD DVR and two HD receivers. We record a lot of TV so this should help.

My questions are should I change one of the HD to a HD DVR?
What is the model number of the receivers I will be gettting?
With the VIP211 from Dish Network I could hook a external USB hard drive and make it a DVR. Is this possible with Direct?

Thanks!

1. I would get 2 hddvrs as we do not have a option of turning a hd box into a dvr like the 211

2. Directv uses Esata and not usb for external drives and when using the external it bypasses the the internal . it not addon storeage like dish

3. Model numbers are completely random can be any hddvr from a hr20 to 24 and hd will be anything from a h21 to h24

Any difference in model numbers

Is there any differences in the model numbers?

The one thing I've learned so far is the HR24 is the latest and greatest. It's speed is supposed to compare to the VIP series on Dish. When we switch I will make sure the installer sets up the 24 series or nothing at all.

Yep. I tried the HR24 this past week at Best Buy. Every bit as fast as my VIP. I told Direct if the installer does not have the HR24 not to worry about showing up. I've had Directs other hddvr and not interested going backwards.

Do you just call back Customer Service and tell them what you want? Will all the equipment be new or refurb?

They cannot promise you what the installer will have. The csr did note my statement to the installer. The sure way to get what you want is to purchase one through a retailer. I did not since the equipment is free.

Just don't submit your online rebate right away and you'll be able to make changes. They are limited as to what they can change once you submit your rebate. I'm know they can't add promotions or change programming after online rebate submission (which you can do right away). Not sure if it's applicable to hardware as well.

you get the newest equipments.

You most certainly do not always get the newest "equipments". Most times yes, people are getting the HR24/H24s. But go tell that to the guy in the other thread that just signed up as a new customer and got an HR21 and an H21.

**I didn't see Stonecold's reply.....he only beat me to the reply by an hour!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)