Moving from Hopper to Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Weaknees.com has drive upgrade kits for Roamios. If you only want to do up to a 3TB drive it is simple, just replace the drive and turn it on and it works. They have preformatted ones that let you go up to 6TB drives. They have a 12TB kit if you really want to go all out (6TB internal and external) for an insane 1930 HD recording hours...

I have 3 Romios, one with 2TB, one with 3TB and one with 4TB. I keep going bigger. I have about 100 timers. It is nice to not be limited.

Gee, 2TB on 2 Roamios is enough for me!

Switching from Dish/Hopper to Tivo is the best entertainment decision I've ever made, too bad I did not do it sooner.

I would agree except that just a very few years ago our local cable company was pretty stingy with the HD and OTA locals are mostly the big 4 in HD, most of the rest either SD or religious in nature. Wouldn't have been a good choice then.

But now, with about 75 HD channels, including the premiums, and those they have are the ones I watch, the changeover wasn't bad at all. So far I'm loving the Tivo and the cable company.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to bulk erase a selected bunch of recordings. Is that supported?

I hear you. I couldn't have made the switch much sooner either even though I was tired of Dish's programming disputes. Up until recently my cable company had literally 20 HD channels. Then BAM, they do some upgrades and have something like 220, far more than Dish or DirecTV. Ever since HD came on the scene, I followed whichever provider had it. That was DirecTV in the early days, briefly surpassed by Dish then finally cable.

Anyone having trouble with their Tivo recording repeats even when a one pass is set to new only? This seems to be a new problem that wasn't occurring in the first coupe months I had my Roamio.

Better Call Saul (AMC) keeps recording a repeat every Monday before the new episode airs. I check the guide and only the actual new episode has the new tag on it. The repeat shows up in my to do list anyways even though it doesn't have the new tag next to it. When I look at my recordings list after the repeat has been recorded the new tag will suddenly be on both the new and repeat episode.

The same thing happened with The Last Man on Earth (Fox) this Sunday. It's not a huge issue and it's certainly a better problem than the Tivo missing a recording that is actually new. Still, it has caused me to start watching an episode more than once only to find out it's not actually new.

Not sure if Tivo has this option, but in Media Center I can specify a time as well to filter out mis-tagged reruns. So if the rerun comes on at 9 and the new episode at 10, then I can specify "New only, around 10".

Anyone having trouble with their Tivo recording repeats even when a one pass is set to new only? This seems to be a new problem that wasn't occurring in the first coupe months I had my Roamio.

Better Call Saul (AMC) keeps recording a repeat every Monday before the new episode airs. I check the guide and only the actual new episode has the new tag on it. The repeat shows up in my to do list anyways even though it doesn't have the new tag next to it. When I look at my recordings list after the repeat has been recorded the new tag will suddenly be on both the new and repeat episode.

The same thing happened with The Last Man on Earth (Fox) this Sunday. It's not a huge issue and it's certainly a better problem than the Tivo missing a recording that is actually new. Still, it has caused me to start watching an episode more than once only to find out it's not actually new.

Probably a guide data issue. If there is no episode description, TiVo will record it just in case... I have not noticed this issue with Better Call Saul.

Probably a guide data issue. If there is no episode description, TiVo will record it just in case... I have not noticed this issue with Better Call Saul.

That could be the case. It just seems like Tivo would have the same guide data for AMC for everyone, regardless of which cable provider you have. Because of that, I expected other people to be having the same issue.

I can tell you that the episode number, title, and description did seem correct. I did notice that the first air date was listed as the date the repeat recorded instead of the real first air date though. Again, it seems like Tivo would have the same AMC guide data for everyone who has AMC but apparently that's not the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts