Moving from Miami to Elkhorn WI

jacoman

Aug 30, 2008
Hello Sat Guys,

I currently have 2 dishes:
1) Points to 110 & 119
2) Points to 61.5

If I change my address to Elkhorn, WI will I need to buy another dish to point to 129? Or can I use the current dish that points to 61.5? Is this dish wide enough to receive the 129 signal here in S. Florida or will I need a wider (30", 36"?) dish.

I'm guessing I receive local HD on 61.5 and the rest from 110 and 119? Would I be able to get local HD out of Chicago and Milwaukee if I change address to Elkhorn, WI? Or is there some kind of tractor beam that senses my physical location if I am here in Miami and denies me the signal?

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this. I want to get Cubs baseball on Comcast sports net and Bears football on local Chicago TV.

I will be staying in Miami even though changing address.

Thanks,
Jaco :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The 61.5 dish can easily be used to receive 61.5 or 129.. If you are moving all you need to do is use the DishMover program to get free dishes installed in Wisconsin.

Elkhorn is in Walworth County WI which is in the Milwaukee TV market so those are the locals you can get through Dish. You can "Move" 20 miles south to the other side of the state line to Howard, IL in McHenry Co you can receive Chicago locals through Dish.

The Chicago spot beam will easily allow you to get Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison locals. The copyright contracts and the court injuction by the federal courts upholding copyright laws make it impossible for Dish to sell you more than "your" local channels.

See ya
Tony

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
The 61.5 dish can easily be used to receive 61.5 or 129.. If you are moving all you need to do is use the DishMover program to get free dishes installed in Wisconsin.

See ya
Tony

Based on "I will be staying in Miami even though changing address." I think he's "moving", not "MOVING".;)

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
yes, its likely that in miami you would get a message saying 'these channels are not allowed to be viewed outside your local viewing area' or something to that effect, or it would simply come up as signal lost.

the sd locals for milwaukee, are on 110 4, which is a massive spotbeam for the midwest and west. locals are on the same spotbeam in several western states. not sure about the hd spotbeam on 61.5 for mil or chi-town. but for florida, its not likely to work.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
"Not likely" is not the correct way to express this. Impossible is the term you were looking for. :) There is no possible way to receive Chicago or Milwaukee locals in Miami through Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)