moving HD from 61.5?

ok guys at this link http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ions/235006-relocating-61-5-129-question.html the 4th post mensioned about dn moving the HD from this sat to another.

my question now is: will they bein puttin the SD of the same channels on there now?
what will be happening here?

thanks guys.
Why is their any SD left on the EA. What does anyone need it for. Since EA is all MPEG 4 why have the SD if there is an HD of the same channel? Everyone has to have a VIP unit so no need for the SD anymore.

Why is their any SD left on the EA. What does anyone need it for. Since EA is all MPEG 4 why have the SD if there is an HD of the same channel? Everyone has to have a VIP unit so no need for the SD anymore.

because NOT everyone has HD. . .like myself for example.

and based on what 'you' are sayin it WILL BE made manditory for EVERYONE to sign up for HD?

anyway. . .why i asked the question in the first place is because 110 is NOT strong enought in my area and 61.5 has a few of the other channels i/wife would like to view. . .

But everyone in the Eastern Arc has the HD channels where there are both HD and SD simulcasts. It's a simple fact. You do not need an HDTV to view them. You do not pay anything for HD channels, they are free as long as they are not on the Platinum level.

But everyone in the Eastern Arc has the HD channels where there are both HD and SD simulcasts. It's a simple fact. You do not need an HDTV to view them. You do not pay anything for HD channels, they are free as long as they are not on the Platinum level.

Exactly my point there is no need for the SD channels anymore. E* should get rid of all the old non VIP receivers and stop wasting the bandwidth.

thanks guys. . .so you all are basically sayin that me that does not have an HD package of any sort can still watch the HD channels on this sat that are not the platinum?

eg: BET, animal planet, LMN etc?

greenguy said:
thanks guys. . .so you all are basically sayin that me that does not have an HD package of any sort can still watch the HD channels on this sat that are not the platinum?

eg: BET, animal planet, LMN etc?

You would need to sign up for HD Free For Life to get the HD channels.

thanks guy. . .i dont have a problem biting the bullet and pay the $100 but i need to know for sure if the HD channels are really movin from this sat at yr end.

greenguy said:
thanks guy. . .i dont have a problem biting the bullet and pay the $100 but i need to know for sure if the HD channels are really movin from this sat at yr end.

Yes the HD channels are moving. In order to keep recieving the channels you will need one of the fallowing setups. Eastern Arc 61.5/72.7/77 or Western Arc 110/119/129 . The HD channels are moving off of 61.5 to 72.7 or 129 .

Yes the HD channels are moving. In order to keep recieving the channels you will need one of the fallowing setups. Eastern Arc 61.5/72.7/77 or Western Arc 110/119/129 . The HD channels are moving off of 61.5 to 72.7 or 129 .

thats a bummer. . .makes no sence me gettin HD for life for it to only last a few weeks maybe. . .

72.7, 110 and 129 are very weak i my area. . .i mainly needed these few - Hallmark Movie Channel, Lifetime Movie Network, National Geographic Channel West and Sony Movie Channel

whats in this Canada wide beam @ 129w? There are a few beam marks in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)