"Moving" help for Newbie

I am on Eastern Arc in Dayton, OH. I am looking to 'Move' as I don't currently get any locals or local EPG. Would you all concur that Charlston, WV would be my ideal choice? (Conus on 77, Fox HD, CBS HD, NBC HD, ABC HD, CW SD)

Is there any advantage/disadvantages in what address I borrow?

If you are interesed in the Big Ten network, then you won't get it included in your package (without additional cost) if you move to Charleston, since WV is not a Big Ten school state.

OK guys I have officially "moved" from Erie PA to Cleveland Oh, and I am getting the cleveland locals. However I do not have any of the locals in HD. Any help as to why this is happening please let me know. The whole reason for the move in the first place was to get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in HD....

Cleveland HD locals are on 61.5, tp1.
Clveland SD Locals are on 110, tp31

You need to be pointed at 61.5 to get the HD locals.

For the record, Dayton OH doesn't have HD so if you were to move there you wouldn't get that either.

You could move to Cincy and get the HD locals off of 77w but not get the SD since they are on a spotbeam.

The EKB (www.echostaruser.com) has a list there that tells you what stations are on what TPs on what satellite...

Also the one other place you could go is to Buffalo.

Buffalo HD locals are on 61.5 tp 13
Buffalo SD locals are on 110 tp 27

Cleveland locals in HD are on 61.5 sat on channels 5200-5203 and you get all 4 in HD. After confirming that you have those channels you can then go into your locals menu and then enable HD priority under the channel display preferences. This will map down the hd versions of the networks to the lower channel numbers and eliminate the sd versions of those same 4 networks.

Cleveland locals in HD are on 61.5 sat on channels 5200-5203 and you get all 4 in HD. After confirming that you have those channels you can then go into your locals menu and then enable HD priority under the channel display preferences. This will map down the hd versions of the networks to the lower channel numbers and eliminate the sd versions of those same 4 networks.

I dont see them there, and i do get 61.5 signal, however when I go to TP 1 it loses all signal...

Damn I tried 61.5 TP 13 for Buffalo and that one even had no signal. Is there any city with HD locals I would even have a shot at?

As long as you are pointed at the correct orbital location, anyone has the ability to 'move' and get the following HD stations. Remember, this list is NOT SD stations and ONLY CONUS stations that EVERYONE can get.

CONUS HD LOCALS LIST
---------------------------------

--------
None

-------
None

------
Jacksonville, FL
Lexington, KY
Cincinnati, OH
Harrisburg, PA
Louisville, KY
Little Rock, AR
Charleston, WV

------
None

118.75/119k
-------------------
St. Louis, MO
Detroit, MI
Raleigh, NC
Pittsburgh, PA
Charlotte, NC

-----
None

------
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Albuquerque, NM
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis, MN
Atlanta, GA
Salt Lake City, UT
Kansas City, MO

-----
Juneau, AK
Fairbanks, AK

Note: All locals currently on 118.75w and 129w are expected to move to spotbeams when Ciel II becomes active at the 129w oribtal location.

As long as you are pointed at the correct orbital location, anyone has the ability to 'move' and get the following HD stations. Remember, this list is NOT SD stations and ONLY CONUS stations that EVERYONE can get.

CONUS HD LOCALS LIST
---------------------------------

--------
None

-------
None

------
Jacksonville, FL
Lexington, KY
Cincinnati, OH
Harrisburg, PA
Louisville, KY
Little Rock, AR
Charleston, WV

------
None

118.75/119k
-------------------
St. Louis, MO
Detroit, MI
Raleigh, NC
Pittsburgh, PA
Charlotte, NC

-----
None

------
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Albuquerque, NM
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis, MN
Atlanta, GA
Salt Lake City, UT
Kansas City, MO

-----
Juneau, AK
Fairbanks, AK

Note: All locals currently on 118.75w and 129w are expected to move to spotbeams when Ciel II becomes active at the 129w oribtal location.

For the Cincinnati local channels on satellite 77, what would the TP have to be in order to recieve this? I originally wanted to get Cincinnati but was told by some other members that I wouldnt be able to in my location. I dont really care about SD...All I really want is the HD. Also would a "move" to these channels provide me with the regional sports networks of the cincinnati area?

I live in the Fayetteville Arkansas area, originally from Boston. I would like to keep my locals and lift the black out restriction on NESN.
Would this be possible? I understand that my guide could be an hour off and i can live with that.

Check out TheList. The link is in my signature.

I took a look but I have no idea what any of those numbers mean lol. Does anyone know what the satellite number and TP number are for the Cincinnati local HD's? Again I dont really care at all about the SD as long as I get the HD's. I am trying to figure out where I can possibly move to and get the HD locals..

Hope this helps...

Cincinnati, OH Locals - SD
-----------------------------------
8350 - WPCO - 110w tp 23
8351 - WKRC - 77w tp 4, 110w tp23
8352 - WLWT - 110w tp 23
8353 - WXIX - 110w tp 23
8354 - WSTR - 77w tp 4, 110w tp23
8356 - WCET - 77w tp 4, 110w tp23
8360 - WCVN - 77w tp 4, 110w tp23
8361 - WPTO - 77w tp 4, 110w tp23

Cincinnati, OH Locals - HD
------------------------------------
5160 - WPCO - 77w tp 4
5162 - WLWT - 77w tp 4
5163 - WXIX - 77w tp 4

I live in the Fayetteville Arkansas area, originally from Boston. I would like to keep my locals and lift the black out restriction on NESN.
Would this be possible? I understand that my guide could be an hour off and i can live with that.

'Move' to Boston or somewhere that serves the NESN area. As best I can tell there are not any of these markets that are CONUS so you will not gain any locals. Then put up an antenna and get the digital transmission of the locals in Fayetteville over the air. Its the only way to maintain your Arkansas locals and get around the NESN black out...

Ok, maybe I missed it but has the original poster confirmed by the system info screen which satellites he is receiving?

No he has not, hence why I am giving all the information that is out there and hoping he can just narrow it down himself. But from the sounds of it he is at 61.5, 110 and 119.

Is there any hope or influence for Dish to keep at least one or two sets of cities on CONUS to help out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)