"Moving" help for Newbie

I know this may be a little off topic, but I was wondering this question...If I "move" from Boise, ID to Portland, OR will I still have the guide info for the ota local Boise channels even if I have the Portland locals set with Dish?
Portland has a very large spot that serves much of Oregon and Southern Washington. If you are actually in Idaho- makes sure you can "see" that spotbeam

I know this may be a little off topic, but I was wondering this question...If I "move" from Boise, ID to Portland, OR will I still have the guide info for the ota local Boise channels even if I have the Portland locals set with Dish?

Yes, as long as you continue to pay the $5/month you should get guide data. I 'moved' and get guide data for my old city.

Is there any hope or influence for Dish to keep at least one or two sets of cities on CONUS to help out.

Well it is an anticipated that they wont considering that Ciel II has all of that spotbeam capacity that is intended for HD Locals and by leaving them Conus it is not an efficent use of the bandwith when they can use it for national sd/hd stations.

That wasnt the question. The question is of which of the following satellites are you pointed at, in total

61.5, 72,7, 77, 105, 110, 118.75, 119, 121, 129, 148

I really have no idea which one's I am pointed at. All I know is that I am "seeing" 110 right now. I did try to see if I could "see" the satellite for Buffalo Locals, and that one didnt have a signal either. At this point im not sure if ill be able to get any areas locals in HD. Very Frustrating!

and see what sat blocks fill in. If you have HD I'm guessing you'll show 110/119 and 129.

Get back to us.

AHHHHH well thats all you had to say! Lol I had no idea how to do that until you just told me. 119, 110, and 129 are all green

So you don't have 61.5 and...

that's why you don't have Cleveland HD. Temporary options for you are Atlanta...Eastern time zone, Chicago, Central with CW, LA, Pacific with CW, Denver, Nashville, etc.

Ok, so if I went with the Chicago locals I would be able to pick up the HD versions without a problem? I just "moved" to cleveland yesterday, would they become suspicious if I moved my service address again today to Atlanta? I mean I dont have to give any reason or anything, and if I did I would just say something along the lines of that I am going down there for christmas or something. Thanks so much for all your help.

If you're "moving" to Atlanta, do you have 129? Most that have 61.5 don't have 129.

Also, I would be careful with moving to 129, as the HD LiLs will likely be headed to spotbeam with Ciel-2 in January.

Have you checked TP 13 on 61.5? Maybe you can get Buffalo HD locals.

If you're "moving" to Atlanta, do you have 129? Most that have 61.5 don't have 129.

Also, I would be careful with moving to 129, as the HD LiLs will likely be headed to spotbeam with Ciel-2 in January.

Have you checked TP 13 on 61.5? Maybe you can get Buffalo HD locals.

He doesn't have 61.5.

I think I may go with either Atlanta, or Chicago..Then once baseball season approaches I will maybe move to Columbus to ensure that I will be able to get all the Reds Games...even if I wont be able to get HD with them. Would Chicago or Atlanta both work?

Do you think that I will have any problems if I try and "Move" again tonight? It has only been 24 hours since I "moved" to cleveland....will they know if I just did that yesterday, or do you not think it would be a problem?

Well I tried to get it changed from Cleveland OH, to Atlanta GA and the CSR on the chat told me that they are not able to change my address again due to FCC regulations....:( Is there any way that it is possible to get around this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)