Moving into New Home...What's the Best DirecTV Setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csimmons222

Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
PA
I have been a long time Directv subscriber. I currently have two televisions in my apartment. One TV has a HR22 hooked up to it and the other has an HR34.

I will be moving into my new construction home very shortly and need to call Directv to come out and install a new dish and equipment. One of my TVs is a 4K television and I'm sure that I will be adding more 4K TVs in the near future. From the very little reading that I have done on here it seems that the best setup would be an HR54, C61Ks and a 3D2RB LNB. Is this still the consensus?

Do I need a C61K client for my 4K tv or can the HR54 connect directly to the TV?

Can I use a C61K with my second TV which is 1080p or do I need a different client?

Any other suggestions or tips?

Thanks!

Best setup for 4K right now is ...

An HR54 connected to the 1080p TV and the C61K 4K client on the 4K TV.

A Reverse Band capable LNB will eventually be needed whenever live 4K broadcasting begins, so may not be yet available in the area of the new home and a non-RB LNB may be installed for now.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

if you're feeling froggy, you can have the dish on a pole mount for easy access, then grab a RBLNB from ebay to complete your 4k setup yourself. wont ahve to wait for D* then :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts