Moving on w/o Dish, but........

jrrdy1380

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Virginia
Been a DISH subscriber since 2001 with DP 301 and DVR 510 currently setup from DISH 500 with 2-SW21s. I am getting ready to move for a new job, but I am leaving my satellite for one of my family members that will be still living in my old place. Looking for comments and responses to the following questions:

1-Will no longer have one of the receivers (510) connected to a phone line (cancelling home phone service since I have a cell phone and used the landline for internet service and my family member also has a cell phone and does not need a landline). How does Dish handle not having any receivers connected? Other rcvr was not connected to a phone line at all....will there be an additional fee? Should I tell Dish to change the phone number on the account to the cell phone?

2-DVR 510 I have got under a two year commitment (ends 10/05). Any problems if I change the name on the account to this commitment? Should I leave it under my name until the commitment period is up?

3-Any other concerns or questions I should ask or be aware of before moving?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or responses.

I do not believe Dish will allow you to transfer your service into your Family memebers name until your commitment is up. I could be wrong on this but I do believe that is the way it is. As for the phone line, It does not have to be connected. The only time Dish Requires the boxes to be hooked to a phone line is when an acount has more than four recievers on it. Also there will not be any extra charge for not having a phone line connected. They only do this if you have a Dual Tuner (reciever that runs two seperate tv's) such as a 322, 522, 942. These dual tuner recievers are billed $5 extra for second room they are connected to if they do not stay hooked to a phone line. Hope this helps. I would call Dish about tranfering service into your family members name but more than likely they will not let you do that

I thought that I would not be able to change the name on the account w/o running into problems. Since I still have the commitment until Nov 2005, I think I would just leave the account under my name and just update the phone number and see if I could add another contact name on the account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)