Moving over to Digital

HDFreud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Northern, NJ
I got a message form Comcast that the HBO analog feed was being removed and that you needed to call to get a digital box in order to receive HBO. I hope that this is a sign that they are on the move to al digital!! Anyone know? I'm in northern NJ.

If your local Comcast is just now going digital only for HBO, it might be some time before they go all digital. Here in Chattanooga all of the premium channels have bean digital only for approximately 2 years now. Currently the 65 channel Standard Basic service is still analog only, other channels digital only. I have bean told by technical support here, that Comcast will start simulcasting the Standard service channels in both analog and digital latter this year, plus their is no extra charge now to get a digital sample pack that includes 1 digital STB, digital only MoviePlex channel, 45 Music Choice digital music only channels and access to some VOD channels added to STD Basic.

Ouch!!!, That is not what I wanted to hear, but it makes sense. I was told a year ago by comcaast tech that they were ready to convert to all digital, but that's they way it works. I get lots of pixelation and freeezing on occasion, so this sucks!!!!!

I am getting C-cast next week. They mailed me ch. lineup cards and they say HBO is on 3 analog channels below 100. Does anyone in W. Palm Beach, FL know if the lineups are incorrect? Just curious. I'm getting 1 dig. rec. and HBO/Starz. Thanks.

I am getting C-cast next week. They mailed me ch. lineup cards and they say HBO is on 3 analog channels below 100. Does anyone in W. Palm Beach, FL know if the lineups are incorrect? Just curious. I'm getting 1 dig. rec. and HBO/Starz. Thanks.

Yup... I think it's Channel 27, 28 & 29. Max, TMC and SHO are 26, 30 & 31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)