"Moving" Question--able to get NY locals in FL w/5 LNB & HR-21 600?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gs5150

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Hello,

Please help!!:confused: I currently reside in Naples, FL and for the past 2 years have been able to receive the local NYC affiliates for CBS, FOX, ABC, and NBC (channels 80, 82, 86, & 88) using the old HR10-250 receiver and 3-LNB dish. I have been using my old 06611 zip code (Fairfield County, CT) and no OTA, and I have had no problem receiving these channels. Recently, however, the reception on my CBS, FOX, ABC, and NBC HD channels has been very spotty while the non-HD channels of the same affiliates (channels 2, 4, 5, 7) still get satisfactory reception. I am figuring it is time to upgrade to a HR21-600 receiver and a 5-LNB dish(?). (Obviously I know that when I switch I should have a private installer handle the installation for me instead of DirecTv given my "moving" situation.) My question is this: if I switch to the HR-21 600 and 5 LNB, will I once again be able to receive the NYC CBS, NBC, FOX, & ABC HD channels that I was able to get with the old dish/receiver? Also, will I receive all other channels that DIRECTV offers in HD (ESPN, History Channel, TBSHD, etc.)? Finally, if I still am able to receive HD programming using my CT zip code, will I also be able to receive sports networks like YESHD, SNYHD, or MSGHD if I subscribe to the DirecTv sports package using my CT address? I would be grateful for any assistance and advice you might be able to offer prior to me making a purchase that I might regret later. Thank you for any help you can provide.:)

NY MPEG-4 locals are spotbeamed at this time, so you would not get them in MPEG-4 format. You should be able to get them in MPEG-2 HD as you do now, on channel 88, etc. As for RSNs here in NY, SNY-HD & YES-HD were spotbeamed. They are carried along with MSG-HD on D10, so I would assume you should be able to get them, but no promises there. Your zip code is good for MSG-HD, FSNY-HD, SNY-HD & YES-HD. In addition you will be getting all the new HD programming you currently can't receive with your HR10-250.

Try having your dish realigned, The NY channels you are trying to keep aren't coming off the Ka satellites yet so you don't need a HR21 to receive them..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bud Shootout

HD Locals...confused

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)