Moving question: locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zilla1126

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
OH
I am looking to "move" from Cincinnati, OH to my father's house in Kokomo, IN so that I can watch the Colts and Pacers on local TV instead of NFL ticket/NBA League Pass.

Is this going to work? I only care about the two networks the Colts will play non-nationally televised games on (Fox and CBS) as well as Fox Sports Net Indiana.

I saw in another post that the local channels are beamed to a smaller area - is this true? And is Cincinnati too far away from Indianapolis to be in "range"?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am looking to "move" from Cincinnati, OH to my father's house in Kokomo, IN so that I can watch the Colts and Pacers on local TV instead of NFL ticket/NBA League Pass.

Is this going to work? I only care about the two networks the Colts will play non-nationally televised games on (Fox and CBS) as well as Fox Sports Net Indiana.

I saw in another post that the local channels are beamed to a smaller area - is this true? And is Cincinnati too far away from Indianapolis to be in "range"?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think Kokomo is in the Indy DMA. Here's a map of the Indy spotbeam:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB24.jpg

As you can see, Cincy is on the edge. The Indy locals are on Transponder 5 so use your receiver to get the signal strength for that transponder on 129W by pressing Menu-6-1-1 and changing the satellite to 129W and the transponder to 5. If you get a decent signal strength, you should see it change to Spotbeam when it locks on to T5.

As both a Bengals and Pacers fan, I moved to Liberty, Indiana last football season. You will not get a full-time feed of FSN Indiana but you'll find the Pacers on one of the alternate sports channel feeds (444 - 453). Of course, you'll need to move to Kokomo to get the Colts but just wanted to advise you that you'll not get the full-time feed with the Pacers. You'll more than likely get FSN Midwest and Comcast Sports Chicago (along with BTN).