Moving question: locals

zilla1126

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
OH
I am looking to "move" from Cincinnati, OH to my father's house in Kokomo, IN so that I can watch the Colts and Pacers on local TV instead of NFL ticket/NBA League Pass.

Is this going to work? I only care about the two networks the Colts will play non-nationally televised games on (Fox and CBS) as well as Fox Sports Net Indiana.

I saw in another post that the local channels are beamed to a smaller area - is this true? And is Cincinnati too far away from Indianapolis to be in "range"?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am looking to "move" from Cincinnati, OH to my father's house in Kokomo, IN so that I can watch the Colts and Pacers on local TV instead of NFL ticket/NBA League Pass.

Is this going to work? I only care about the two networks the Colts will play non-nationally televised games on (Fox and CBS) as well as Fox Sports Net Indiana.

I saw in another post that the local channels are beamed to a smaller area - is this true? And is Cincinnati too far away from Indianapolis to be in "range"?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think Kokomo is in the Indy DMA. Here's a map of the Indy spotbeam:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB24.jpg

As you can see, Cincy is on the edge. The Indy locals are on Transponder 5 so use your receiver to get the signal strength for that transponder on 129W by pressing Menu-6-1-1 and changing the satellite to 129W and the transponder to 5. If you get a decent signal strength, you should see it change to Spotbeam when it locks on to T5.

As both a Bengals and Pacers fan, I moved to Liberty, Indiana last football season. You will not get a full-time feed of FSN Indiana but you'll find the Pacers on one of the alternate sports channel feeds (444 - 453). Of course, you'll need to move to Kokomo to get the Colts but just wanted to advise you that you'll not get the full-time feed with the Pacers. You'll more than likely get FSN Midwest and Comcast Sports Chicago (along with BTN).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)