'Moving' Question

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
I live in Monroe, LA (Northeastern LA). I am thinking of 'moving' to acquire HD locals. My city of choice would be Dallas, TX. Can anyone tell me an easy way to find out if the spot beam with Dallas locals covers my area. I've googled and am lost.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

A couple of the tps on the spot beams overlap, in those areas you may get zero signal. Dallas would be a poor choice for that part of the country. All Dallas SD and HD local channels are on spot beam 21 at 110°

See ya
Tony

You won't get signal on the Dallas spotbeam.

You might get the spotbeam for the Birmingham locals on 119. Depending on if you have 61.5 or 129, there are quite a few markets to choose on those satellites.

Birmingham
Available 7/11/07 ABC CBS NBC Fox 119°
6495 6496 6497 6498

Hum, I am SE of B'ham about 90 miles so I just need a ........... new home to move to

I get locals from meridian miss as it's 35 miles away but it's very crappy SD and as I mentioned before the HD can't be gotten OTA, 100% blockage and no fix.

I am on 110/119/61.5 so this would work for me.........when i get that second home and move to it. :)

I wonder since I can't get the HD from my locals because of the landscape blocks it can I get a waiver ?

Is there no chance or worth a shot and how the hell do you do that. I guess it's time to search around but if there is some online form you can use or info database please yell back here please.

I would rather do that than move :)

( but damn new TV seasons here and I want good TV and not crappy SD that is really poor PQ. ABC especially sucks

Birmingham
Available 7/11/07 ABC CBS NBC Fox 119°
6495 6496 6497 6498

Hum, I am SE of B'ham about 90 miles so I just need a ........... new home to move to

I get locals from meridian miss as it's 35 miles away but it's very crappy SD and as I mentioned before the HD can't be gotten OTA, 100% blockage and no fix.

I am on 110/119/61.5 so this would work for me.........when i get that second home and move to it. :)

I wonder since I can't get the HD from my locals because of the landscape blocks it can I get a waiver ?

Is there no chance or worth a shot and how the hell do you do that. I guess it's time to search around but if there is some online form you can use or info database please yell back here please.

I would rather do that than move :)

( but damn new TV seasons here and I want good TV and not crappy SD that is really poor PQ. ABC especially sucks

Here's the coverage.. check signal strength on 119 TP 9 to make sure.

Once you find an address put in DishNetworks address verification to make sure it gets the locals you want.

Attachments

• 0089-09s12-20.gif
    0089-09s12-20.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 155
thanks and I am right in the middle center right part and signal is fine on tp9.

My bro used to live in Tuscaloosa and travelled to B'Ham a lot and i think has friends there.

now to find me a new home :)

No chance there is a person from B'ham posting here that might can assist me in moving ? PM me please if someone has some help, much appreciated!

Tiger

Last edited:
Just curious - Aren't many of the HD locals available from just about anywhere? I know there is a big difference in SD and HD and that if you subscribed to, say, Los Angeles, you wouldn't get all of those SD stations, but I thought you could get the HD locals from nearly anywhere (or this is how it was explained to me).

Is it different by market or what?

Just curious - Aren't many of the HD locals available from just about anywhere? I know there is a big difference in SD and HD and that if you subscribed to, say, Los Angeles, you wouldn't get all of those SD stations, but I thought you could get the HD locals from nearly anywhere (or this is how it was explained to me).

Is it different by market or what?

The ones on 61.5 and 129 are since they are CONUS to anyone that can see the bird.

The only catch is the SD locals are mostly on spotbeams so you might lose them on your SD receivers.

I'm looking to buy an HD receiver very soon as I anticipate having an HDTV within about a year. I'm looking for a way to get the Los Angeles locals back -- I know all that I will get is FOX, NBC, ABC, and CBS because, according to the DISH site, that's all that is HD from the market, but that's really all I want. I know the picture might be screwy and all until I get the HDTV, but still...

I've looked at a couple of receivers on EBay, but I'm thinking I might be better off just buying a new one where I don't have to worry about balances, etc.

Cade

All I have is a DISH500... There was a point in time (when I could receive distant networks) that all I had was my locals and the Los Angeles locals and was perfectly happy because the news out there was just so cool -- Oh, and $15 / month ($5.00 for not having a basic package) was in a college student's budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)