Moving Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
We are moving into an apartment which has already been wired up for Directv (fairly new dish, HD ready etc.) and I have a couple of questions:

1. Should we still schedule the free mover's installation? We may need the cable to be extended form it's current termination point in the apartment, so I thought the installer might do this for us, seeing as there is no dish to install? Also, I guess the installer would activate our existing box at the new location and check signal?

2. What do I do with my current dish? Our landlord wants it off the house when we leave - when I take it down, should I just bin it, or do Directv want it back? Is it worth anything to sell on?

Thankyou very much for your advice!

If the dish is already there, then you could move it yourself. You may need to change the dish configuration in the setup menu if it's different from your last house. The box will already be active, you just need to call DirecTV and tell them your new service address. If there is some installation work to be done and your not comfortable doing it, call and get the free movers connection.

The dish. Take it off the house, but leave the base plate so there are no unsealed holes, assuming it's on the roof. You can try selling it, but they are not worth much. Can't hurt to try craigslist though....someone might want one for a vacation home.

Thankyou! I didn't want to use the Mover's Connection as I thought they now extended the commitment, but apparently that is only if you get new equipment at the same time (which we are not). I think I'll try wiring it up and testing it myself and then I'll get the Mover's Connection deal if something doesn't work.

Thankyou! I didn't want to use the Mover's Connection as I thought they now extended the commitment, but apparently that is only if you get new equipment at the same time (which we are not).

Really???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)