Moving Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You won't if you are eligible for the movers connection. If you haven't moved in the last year you should be good.

IIRC moving gives you a 1 year contract. If you already are under contract for that time it doesn't extend. Meaning it essentially makes your contract the greater of what it is now or 1 year.

It is worth seeing if the place already has a dish left by the previous customer that suits you. If it does, you can just move the equipment yourself and change your locals over the phone.

Reactions: pattykay
I looked, but couldn't find anywhere that says you get an additional commitment when you use the movers connection.

I am moving next week and took a 24 month contract for a Genie upgrade, and free Sunday Ticket Max this year. Probably not going anywhere anyway, been with them 7+ years. Told them I'm getting a 4K TV after I move so to make sure I got a 54 and she documented it. May not mean anything, but at least it's on the file.

you should get an email breaking down the new receivers i think. if it says 4k mini genie or something like that you'll get the 54. just double check with the tech when he shows up. theres enough yahoo's out there that have no idea how the stuff really works.

Ok thanks. This is our first move in 16 years and have no contract to complete. Just hope the new house we buy in Tellico Village Tn. will have a clear line of sight.
But I guess I'll loose my Grand Fathered channels? I get NY/LA feeds of Fox & CBS

the channel package you have shouldnt change, unless you have to upgrade to ultimate or premium in order to get the 4k channels. since you're (apparently?) not doing that, you should be fine. just double check with the phone rep when you set up the move.

btw, pull up google maps street view if you havent seen the house in person. it can give you a very rough idea of your line of sight (little bit of extrapolation required)

Ok thanks. This is our first move in 16 years and have no contract to complete. Just hope the new house we buy in Tellico Village Tn. will have a clear line of sight.
But I guess I'll loose my Grand Fathered channels? I get NY/LA feeds of Fox & CBS
I moved from from New Jersey to Colorado and was able to keep the New York and California Distant Networks. Of course, your locals and regional sports networks will change.

Are you staying in the same local area,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)