Moving Questions and DHPP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
This is my first post as a member! :cool:

Anyway,

I might be moving in a month or so. Not "moving", but really moving.

I know Dish has their DishMover where they move you for free, but you have to get the Everything package (I think), a recommit for 18 months or 2 years, or something like that.

If I sign up for DHPP (Dish Home Protection Plan) is there any type of reduced cost if I have Dish send someone out to move me? How about commitment?

Thanks ...

Just adding DHPP to an existing account will not guarantee free dish mover. Either call your Dealer and supply acct.# and CC# OR call 1-800-333-3474 and reach a live CSR and ask what your situation qualifies you for.

Thanks for the tip. This is what Dish Chat had to say:

(I find it interesting that DHPP was not recommended from the start ...)

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Scott Q.
(03) Scott Q: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Scott Q: Thank you for your time and patience.
ME: Sounds fine.
(03) Scott Q: Thank you.
(03) Scott Q: We have a promotion dish mover, where in you can move your services to the new place.
ME: What is the "catch"?
ME: Is there a cost?
(03) Scott Q: Sure, just a moment please.
(03) Scott Q: The dish mover with 24 months of commitment is for free, however without commitment it is for $99.00.
(03) Scott Q: I will leave a note on your account about this, you can call us one week in advance when you are moving.
(03) Scott Q: Just need to carry the TVs, receivers and the remote leave the Dish on it place.
(03) Scott Q: There will be a new dish installed.
(03) Scott Q: Is there anything else I can do for you?
ME: What about the DHPP (Dish Home Protection Plan), if I sign up for that, will that give me any cheaper options, or options that do not require a further commitment?
(03) Scott Q: I understand that.
(03) Scott Q: However the system will let me know the option.
(03) Scott Q: The system will qualify you for this promotion.
(03) Scott Q: Yes, in the DHPP warranty plan , dish mover is free for one time, once in a rolling calendar year.
(03) Scott Q: You can think about it and call us back, as I have made a note on your account about this.
ME: So, just to clarify then, if I sign up for DHPP, I can get moved for free without any further commitment?
(03) Scott Q: Yes.
(03) Scott Q: Are you still there?
ME: Do I have to enroll in DHPP for any period of time? Or, once I know that I am moving, say a week prior, can I call Dish and enroll and then get moved accordingly?
(03) Scott Q: Yes, you can do that.
(03) Scott Q: However if you want not to add the DHPP plan on your account, I can do that for you.
(03) Scott Q: I will be happy to help you with that.
(03) Scott Q: I will provide you with the online link.
(03) Scott Q: You can view all the information and call us back.
ME: Not now ... I have just put my house on the market, and the way the housing market is, it could be a week or 10 months before it gets sold. Once I know for sure I am moving, I will contact Dish at that time.
(03) Scott Q: IF you want to add it on your account.
(03) Scott Q: The link is DISH Network -- DHPP Warranty
(03) Scott Q: Sure, you are most welcome.
ME: I appears then that DHPP is the best route to go then. Thanks for your help. Unless you have any further comments, this chat can end. Have a good day.
(03) Scott Q: You're very welcome.
(03) Scott Q: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great weekend!
(03) Scott Q: Bye and take care!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)