"Moving" questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsclark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I want to "move" so that I can HDTV networks that I have been denied waivers. I read about people doing this but...
1) If I "move", will my bill be sent to the address that I say I am moving to? How do people pay their bills?
2) Will the every other day telephone call tip off Direct?
3) Do I call Direct and say that I want a different service address, but want to keep the same billing address? For those who have been successful, what have you done?
4) How long does it take to get HDTV networks once the essential steps are completed?

Then in November/December when they call to setup an install date for your new MPEG-4 equipment what do you do?

ajerion said:
Then in November/December when they call to setup an install date for your new MPEG-4 equipment what do you do?

I been wondering that for quite some time now actually...

Ive asked that question here and over at AVS and really got no response..

I am currently moved to NYC, and Im a little worried about my status once MPEG-4 rolls out..

My days with D* will be over in a heartbeat if I cant stay moved to NY...

I asked the same question over there too. Im guessing there have been no answers because no one has an answer.

If you were considering getting the new HD-Tivo offer it might be possible to switch your address back home, get the HD-Tivo installed then switch back to NYC. The MPEG-4 HD-DVRs arent going to be ready for a while so that may by you some time. But its probably only worth the $200 if you were thinking about getting the HD-Tivo anyway.

AJ

Maybe the answer is , when you are looking for a place to "move", pick a place that is low on the list of markets to switch to mpeg4.

My question is this. If NY goes MPEG-4 will the distant subs remain receiving the distant HD signal from NY in MPEG-2 or will they all be switched out for new equipment. This is the situation I am in as I receive all the distant HD via waiver, but am concerned I will lose these when the conversion begins to happen. I currently have a HDTIVO and am considering a second at the 199 price tag, but if I were to lose my HD networks I would be devastated.

Mike G.

dsclark said:
I want to "move" so that I can HDTV networks that I have been denied waivers. I read about people doing this but...
1) If I "move", will my bill be sent to the address that I say I am moving to? How do people pay their bills?
2) Will the every other day telephone call tip off Direct?
3) Do I call Direct and say that I want a different service address, but want to keep the same billing address? For those who have been successful, what have you done?
4) How long does it take to get HDTV networks once the essential steps are completed?

1. You can have your bill sent to a seperate adress than your service adress.

2.I dont think it will, but just in case just unplug the phone line and order order pay per view on-line.

3.Thats what I did

4.You will get the hdtv networks within seconds after you change your service adress.

As far as the mpeg4 upgrade I will just blow off there calls get the equipment off ebay, and install it myself or have one of my local installers do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.