Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpd5215

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
Hello all,

In my family room I have a DTV 4K C61K-700 and wireless video bridge connected to my TV. In my basement I have the HR54-200 connected to the TV.

I am having issues w the C61 and really don't watch too much 4K and we hardly ever watch the TV in the basement, so I will probably end up removing a DTV receiver down there totally and just stream TV or something.

Can I simply disconnect the C61 in the family room, take the HR54 and bring it upstairs and connect it just like the C61 is?

I also have a few wireless receivers in the house on non 4K TV's if that matters in this equation.

Do I need to call DTV for anything for this "swap" other than have them remove the C61 from my account?
How do I "ship" back the C61?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can move them but if the HR54 is being used to power the SWM at the dish you need to make sure it ends up being connected to the same port on the splitter. The HR54 injects DC on the coax going to the splitter. The port on the splitter is identified by a red line connecting the incoming side to the first port. If your SWM is powered from a separate power supply at the splitter then it doesn't matter which port the HR54 is connected. You should just be able to swap the coax cables at the splitter when you swap the receivers.

If you are going to leave the wireless bridge in your family room then there is probably a 2 port splitter there. It should also have one port that is indicated with the red line. You want to make sure the HR54 is connected to that port and the wireless bridge is connected to the other.

OK, I didn't read the part where you said you want to get rid of the C61K. In that case you still have to make sure the HR54 remains connected to the correct port on the splitter. You should be able to call DirecTV and have the C61K removed from your account. I think they will probably want it shipped back. In my area they offer a service where you can take receivers to certain FedEx locations and they will even pack it for you and ship it back.

Thanks a lot for responding so quickly. I went into the basement to inspect the SWM and took some pics so maybe it will give you a better visual. I am pretty techy but have never messed with all the DTV stuff, so maybe from the pics you can better guise me.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 253
Thanks a lot for responding so quickly. I went into the basement to inspect the SWM and took some pics so maybe it will give you a better visual. I am pretty techy but have never messed with all the DTV stuff, so maybe from the pics you can better guise me.

Thanks again!!
OK, your system is very similar to mine. The leftmost port on the bottom is probably the HR54. The second one is the C61K and port 3 is the network adapter (DECA). Port 4 is open and has terminating resistor connected. What you want to do is disconnect the coax from port 1 and when you move your HR54 move the coax on port 2 over to port 1. Technically you should put a terminating resistor on port 2 that will be open but it will probably work without one. You can probably pick up one of those at a big box home store.

As I said there is probably a two port splitter where your C61K and wireless bridge are located. It should also show the DC bypass on one port. Connect the HR54 to that one.

Edit: You don't have to do anything with the network adapter. Just leave it as is.

Thanks a lot for the help. I switch the two coaxials and connected the HR 54 in my family room the exact same way the C 61 was connected. Everything worked correctly!

The one coaxial that has nothing connected to it on the other end since I am returning to CK 61 Should be unplugged and a terminal Cap or whatever you called it should be installed?? Should I even bother with it since everything is working correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the help. I switch the two coaxials and connected the HR 54 in my family room the exact same way the C 61 was connected. Everything worked correctly!

The one coaxial that has nothing connected to it on the other end since I am returning to CK 61 Should be unplugged and a terminal Cap or whatever you called it should be installed?? Should I even bother with it since everything is working correctly?

Maybe I don’t even need that other coaxial connected??

Maybe I don’t even need that other coaxial connected??

You don't need a coax connected where the C61K was connected (second one from the left). You want to put a 75 ohm type F male terminator like the one on the last port of your splitter. You can find them for $0.75 each on line. Any electronics store store should sell them.

I am curious why you gave up on the 4K receiver? Probably for the same reasons I did: lack of 4K content and a lot of buffering. Also, I wanted a wireless client.

I am curious why you gave up on the 4K receiver? Probably for the same reasons I did: lack of 4K content and a lot of buffering. Also, I wanted a wireless client.

Yea, lack of content, buffering. Also, for whatever reason it was so slow. Booting up and time between channel changing. So annoying. Once I hooked up the HR54, back to quick channel changing again. I missed it!

Thanks, glad the receiver move went well.

Yes, the clients tend to be a bit sluggish when compared with the Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)