Moving Recordings from 722 to Hopper 3

mickey53usa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Searched and could not find an answer -
Just had installed a Hopper 3 (see other post)
Need to move recordings from 722. Moved them onto an external HD (EHD). Now, how do I get them on the Hopper 3. The installation Tech basically said - good luck, that as soon as I plug the EHD in, the Hopper 3 will reformat it. Anyway around this? There are 64 shows on the EHD.

TIA

Give the Hopper 3 a few days to settle in before plugging in the EHD. It will recognize the drive and shows on it. If it asks to reformat, say no and unplug it and wait another day. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Tampa8
Searched and could not find an answer -
Just had installed a Hopper 3 (see other post)
Need to move recordings from 722. Moved them onto an external HD (EHD). Now, how do I get them on the Hopper 3. The installation Tech basically said - good luck, that as soon as I plug the EHD in, the Hopper 3 will reformat it. Anyway around this? There are 64 shows on the EHD.

TIA
It will not reformat at all. Even if it did it would warn you first. Just plug the EHD into the Hopper. Then press DVR on your remote and you should see a slate that says Other Devices. Go over to that and press Select. You should see your Hopper drive as well as your EHD. It might take a day or two for your Hopper to settle in to be able to see th EHD. You don’t have to load those recordings on the Hopper to view them. You can view them directly from the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)