moving to 110 w

dan franks

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I recently purchased a different package from Dish and it turns out that most of the channels are on 110 w. I am currently on 119 w.
Is it difficult to do the move with just the dish point on the reciever?

I recently purchased a different package from Dish and it turns out that most of the channels are on 110 w. I am currently on 119 w.
Is it difficult to do the move with just the dish point on the reciever?

You should be able to get a D500 upgrade.
Then you would get both birds.

the OP PM'd me and he is in the Carribean so a Dish500 is out fo the question :)

You can move the dish but the elevation would change a little bit. For me here in Minnesota its about 2 degrees

Dan, you need to upgrade your Dish to a Dish 500. It is a couple of inches wider but otherwise the same and can receive both 110° and 119° at the same time. The channels you have been watching at 119° are NOT at 110° so if you only move your current dish, you will be losing a ton of your regular channels.

[edit] NEVER MIND--I started my post before Iceberg's post was up so I wasn't aware you were in PR. You need a second dish. :) [/edit]

Take a look at Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial) to see where all the channels are in the sky on Dish.

And Welcome to Satelliteguys!

See ya
Tony

Currently using a 1.2m Dish on 110, and a 1.8m one on 110 in Caribbean, with no issues. I would definitely recommend that setup. I feel like I'm missing on all the HD fun though. What would be best choice for HD down there ? 61.5, 129 ?

Thanks

I tried the move today with the dish point signal with no luck. I found a chart that has the elevation of 119 at 33 deg. and 110 at 42 degrees. Is there a chance if I keep at it I can find it ? Sounds like the second dish and a switch is the way to go and not loose channels.