Updated 622 External Storage Information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Happy Friday,

I just got a call from one of my contacts at Dish and was given some information and was asked to pass it on. :)

The update which will enable external storage on the 622 will rolling out starting on August 8th. Not everyone will get it on the 8th, but everyone will have it (knock on wood) by the 15th.

While the software is going out early there is a catch, and that catch is you will not be able to activate the external storage feature on your 622 until the 15th.

What that means is if you plug a external hard drive in to your 622 on the 9th and you get a message to call Dish and activate it, PLEASE do not call until the 15th as Dish will not be able to help you out as their systems will not have this service listed on their computers until the 15th.

And there you have it, the latest news from your friends at Dish Network and SatelliteGuys! :)

Great news! I can see it now , we get the external hard drive support and the software crashes our internal hard drive rendering the entire 622 useless.

I am obviously being sarcastic here and hope I'm not be a prophet.

I can see the complaints on the 10th though...

"I got the new software last night and plugged in my new external drive and it said call to subscribe, so I called them and they had the nerver to tell me to call back on the 15th" :D

AGAIN DON'T CALL UNTIL THE 15TH!

I can see the complaints on the 10th though...

"I got the new software last night and plugged in my new external drive and it said call to subscribe, so I called them and they had the nerver to tell me to call back on the 15th" :D

AGAIN DON'T CALL UNTIL THE 15TH!

There will probably be some. But I doubt there a too many people (besides the Geeks here and at DBSTalk) randomly plugging hdds into the 622.

What I would like to know is, is the s/w update starting on the 8th going to include any other updates ? I'd hate to see them have roll it back to an older version, which doesn't support external HDD, because something important got screwed up (again).

Well the 15th should be a very good day.

Any word of limitation of support for particular drives, or will any USB HDD do?

Hoping for good sales in the CC, BB, and Office Max flyers this week... :)

Thanks Scott. So good to have a place to get these updates on something that I've been waiting for since my HDTIVO... has swappable drives on D*. But the 622 storage will be even better! Unlike my TIVO, The drive addition will be much better than the swap I have with TIVO. Keep us posted, Scott.

Re the stupid comment about being a beta tester. I don't believe you knew what you meant until LER gave you an explanation to fall back on. If you can't explain something you put an emoticon on it and let others guess what you're saying. After that you select one that makes sense to you. But originally, all you tried to do was be a sour puss about this offering. I'd be surprised if you aren't a shill for D*. Am I picking on you. YES I am. But shills and bad mouthers are beginning to annoy me to great boredom.

Preparing to be a better cranky geek in my old age. Maybe Divorak will invite me on his show :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts