"Moving to a new city"

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have reading posts about living in one place and claiming another area to get better locals. Is the conclusion of this that its legal and ok to do. If it is, would a "move" to Philadelphia be very beneficial. The reason is I want Philly sports. Baseball has over 1/3 games on ota, eagles on ota etc. If I made the move, how bad would it screw up the sports packages like extra innings. Would I end up getting blacked out of them? Does Philadelphia have a claimed RSN that would result in some games from some team? Would I be better off getting a second dish for just locals..if that can even be done? Thank you for your help on this.

No. The only sport you may be able to get (and that would be if you have an mpeg4 HD receiver and would get the Phily HD locals) in which case you would get the Eagles. The local sd channels you would get would not be viewable in IN as they are on spotbeam. Third, the rsn in Phily is not on Dish, so the baseball, basketball and hockey games are not available that way. And fourth, the pro tickets would then black out the Phily games that they would carry. You are better off getting whatever games you can off the sports packages.

I have reading posts about living in one place and claiming another area to get better locals. Is the conclusion of this that its legal and ok to do. If it is, would a "move" to Philadelphia be very beneficial. The reason is I want Philly sports. Baseball has over 1/3 games on ota, eagles on ota etc. If I made the move, how bad would it screw up the sports packages like extra innings. Would I end up getting blacked out of them? Does Philadelphia have a claimed RSN that would result in some games from some team? Would I be better off getting a second dish for just locals..if that can even be done? Thank you for your help on this.

according to http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm , Philly locals are on a spotbeam which meams it is unlikely you would get them in Indy.

It is my understanding that "moving" is legal, however, it is against "Dish" rules and you would be breaking your contract with them. That makes it more of a morale , not legal question. Then there is the problem of what happens if you need a service call or equipment replaced? I do nt know how it would effect RSN. This is something that you need to do a lot of research on, before jumping into (what address are you going to use and is that an address that Dish is already serving).

They have a package called Multisports pack. It's $5 a month. It would get you the sports for more than just Philly.

That is if your worried about "moving"...
Just don't get confused when you talk to dish in the future. Don't let them send out tech's. Remember the address you "move" to.

They have a package called Multisports pack. It's $5 a month. It would get you the sports for more than just Philly.

That is if your worried about "moving"...
Just don't get confused when you talk to dish in the future. Don't let them send out tech's. Remember the address you "move" to.

Again. Comcast ownes the Phily RSN and does not sell it to satillite companies. Even if they did, the pro teams would be blacked out, so better to get what ever games you can off the sports ticket.

I lived in Phily, Comcast SportNet is the only RSN there. It is not available to Dish Customers. The rest of the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers are on Channel 57 (which is on a spot beam). There is no way a customer in IN will be able to view these channels by "moving' to a Phily address.

Getting back to the point its not tech'ly legal but a lot of people do it, just make sure you can get the spot beam of the locals you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)