"moving" ? to get baseball

While looking at the map, I noticed that the Rockford, IL DMA has access to 4 different MLB teams, and is in my spotbeam. While plugging in an address, it only says I'm eligible for CSN Chicago. Does this mean I have to sign up for the multi-sport package in order to get all of the teams?

are you saying uhf that you get Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, White Sox, & the Cubs, just for living in iowa, but don't get the twins?? And are there 5 different RSN's??

Yes, I get get most, if not all of those, except for the Twins. One RSN, the others are on the alternate channels. But if I sub to the multi-rsn package then I do get most Twins games.

Yes, I get get most, if not all of those, except for the Twins. One RSN, the others are on the alternate channels. But if I sub to the multi-rsn package then I do get most Twins games.

What part of Iowa are you in? I've noticed where a few people on this website indicate they are from Sioux City and get them all (Comcast Chicago, Fox Sports North, and Fox Sports Midwest -- all six teams) without the need for the Multi-Sport package.

Anyone move to the New York area to get the Mets? Maybe I'll take that option up. It looks like a move to Bridgeport Ct may get the locals of NY with the 4 majors in HD, as well as possibly the Mets and the Red Sox. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Jason, just so you know...I am a Phillie fan, living in Columbus, Ohio. Though it is true that D* and E* do not carry Comcast Philly, with the MLB EI package, I do get just about every Phillie game that isn't on ESPN or Fox. Last year for the first time we even got the Philly Comcast feed more than several times. Can't you just get some kind of Basic Comcast set up so you can get the Phils games? If not, and you really want to see them, maybe D* is the way, get the MLB EI and move to somewhere that won't black out the Phils games. Note that it is true that most of the games will be from the other teams feed.

Hopefully moving for sports will not come to an end once E* goes to spotbeam mode with the Arc.

I'm delaying my attempt to move until late April, because I don't want to lose a couple of my local rsns. Can you elaborte on the "spotbeam mode with the arc" and when they plan to go to it.

Her's my plan, can somebody tell me or point me to where I can find out if this is possible to do. I am totally confused by this spotbeam stuff. I live in the Philly area and get the locals and the locals in HD. I would like to "move" to the Bridgeport CT area to get the Boston and NY sports teams, and still get the locals in HD. Is all of this possible with whatever the spotbeam stuff means. I read and searched, but it just confused me more.
Thanks!

Jason,

Technically, that's illegal...so you may want to refrain from giving too many details in the public forum ;)

BUT, I am pulling my hair out over these blackout policies as well.

All I'll say is: Are they surprised when legit customers resort to illegal means, just because E* clearly can't deliver on MLB policies?

As I posted yesterday, this was never a problem for me with Comcast. So either Comcast is breaking MLB policy, or Dish is screwing up. Gee, I wonder which one it is.... :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts