The weekly, "Will there be more HD launched this week?" thread.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
With speculation heating up over the last few weeks as to when we might see some more HD, things were pointing to this week. With the launch of ESPN News HD earlier this week and the Season Premiere of Battlestar Galactica coming this Friday, this would be a good week to announce some new compelling HD content on Dish. But will Charlie light up Sci-Fi HD and ESPN News HD this week? Does anyone know? Will we wake up in the morning disappointed again? Will Charlie throw us a curve ball by lighting up the channels on Thursday or Friday rather then the traditional Wednesday? I know what you hope for, but what do you think? What do you know?

With speculation heating up over the last few weeks as to when we might see some more HD, things were pointing to this week. With the launch of ESPN News HD earlier this week and the Season Premiere of Battlestar Galactica coming this Friday, this would be a good week to announce some new compelling HD content on Dish. But will Charlie light up Sci-Fi HD and ESPN News HD this week? Does anyone know? Will we wake up in the morning disappointed again? Will Charlie throw us a curve ball by lighting up the channels on Thursday or Friday rather then the traditional Wednesday? I know what you hope for, but what do you think? What do you know?

A few LIL HD markets tomorrow and nothing else....

How about everyone stops whining until 5/1/2008, and then see where we are?
If SciFiHD isn't lit up by Friday, I think we will see a flurry of "hot" threads for several days. I'm not sure they want to abide by the "wait until May" suggestion.

I suspect that the folks wanting SciFi-HD will have to wait. (based on what I'm hearing).

As I said, 5/1/2008.....

I'm only waiting until 4/4. I told myself when I first signed up with Dish for HD that I'd be with whoever can show me BSG in HD first. I'm still hoping that's Dish.

Zero channels because they want me to call Direct for the next day install with portable dvd player...

I still have faith in Dish, I think they will pull through with some National's this month. Plus I wouldn't give up My 622HD DVR. I don't think Direct TV has the USB option enabled yet for the extra external hard drive, do they? It would be pointless to only be able to record a minimum of HD shows and have to delete them for empty space. I would never be able to keep up with all the shows I record and watch later on. Even though SCI FI HD would be nice to see on my big screen :) All in time I guess.

The only USB option planned for the D* receivers appears to be serial control through RS-232 adapters.

I have a 1 TB external drive on my D receiver. Both ther 20 and 21 use a SATA connection. For speed actually better then USB.

I still have Dish and a 722 and the D receiver isn't that bad. At the end of the day it's programming first for me. I will be watching BSG in high def Friday night.

I am sure hoping they manage to turn on some national, but the rate of progress seems slow so far this week. They have not really moved on the SA TPs yet. One would think that if they were hot and heavy to add locals and national HD this week they would have pounced on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)