Moving To Mexico....dish Set Up??

ital1000

Original poster
May 18, 2006
michigan
Ok ladys' and gents' I really need some help prior to the move. I am moving to Saltillo, mexico, (166 miles south of texas). Question is can I get 119, 110 using a separate dish for each sat. individually? I know that the sats. are to far apart to use a dish500 to catch both, I think anyway. I am just talking about a dish 300. Or do I need a bigger dish for each sat. individually. If so, how big do I need?? Any help would be great so I can an idea of what I'm getting into....also, the 61.5 sat. info please. But I think I can use a regular dish for this one....thanks ahead..

Not familiar enough with the area that you intend to locate.....but, might be a good idea to look around for what your neighbors are using. Might be interesting to know what the laws in the area are concerning using a satellite setup????????? Don't want to get the FEDS fired up.

I live in Laredo, about 2.5 miles from the border. I'm guessing if I drove 5 miles south and set up my rig it would work just fine. It would probably work fine 166 miles south of here too. As long as you have a open shot to the southern skies why not?

Now as to the laws and such, well in Mexico it's all about your ability to win friends and influence enemies.

torp

You may get by with a standard equipment since you are relatively close and the strongest signal footprints are in the southeast (your area)
No problem if you want to use two small dishes. If not, you could probably use something like a 1 meter offset dish ( relatively small and easy to set up) that is aimed at 110 ( the weakest signal) with a wing lnb for 119. You have to experiment to find the offset focal point for the wing lnb.

You can use two 1 meter dishes, 2 dp300 lnb's and a dp34 switch that can feed 4 singal tuner receivers. Do not see why the CONUS signal would not reach less than 200 miles south.

I use a winegard 1 meter dish to pick up a spot beam over 300 miles away. Works great in north florida.

I lived in Aguascalientes, AGS for eight years and had no problems using a BUD with a 21 degree LNB. However, I'm not sure how strong the 110 + 119 footprint from Dish is down there now. I would imagine that the side-scatter would be about the same for Dish as the BUD off the primary focal point so I guess the only problem you would have might be a slightly larger dish(es). You will find that there will be a lot of entrepreneurs in Saltillo or MTY that will be willing to help you for a lot less money than here.

Read This

OK

You are moving to Saltillo.

You will need a 1.20 meter dish for Sat 119, 1.80 meter for Sat 110 and if you want 61.5 you will need a 2.40 meter dish, but remember about in 6 to 8 months all mexico will have to use 129 for all HD if Ciel Sat is launch by that date. Each dish will required a dp single lnbf and a dp 34 or dp44 switch. Dish footprint will reach all the way to Acapulco even southern Chiapas, the southern you´ll go the bigger the dish you will need.

Now dont mess with the laws, as long you will not tamper with piracy you will be ok but unfortunately Monterrey and Saltillo are nest places for these idiots and have the local law enforcement to start digging up, just dont seek help either from local advertisments or newspapers.

Remember you will not receive spot beams so you will need to get a service address in Denver, Chicago or New York City.

If you have any doubts just PM me.

Sincerely

I live in monterrey and use a regular dish 500 antenna for 110 and 119. No problems with signal except for when it is raining heavily. For 61.5 I use a SKY mexico antenna. Tried 129 with same antenna and got frequent signal drop outs, even in clear weather.

My guess is that you will need the same for saltillo.

Let us know how it goes.

I live in monterrey and use a regular dish 500 antenna for 110 and 119. No problems with signal except for when it is raining heavily. For 61.5 I use a SKY mexico antenna. Tried 129 with same antenna and got frequent signal drop outs, even in clear weather.

My guess is that you will need the same for saltillo.

Let us know how it goes.

The signal drop outs on 129 are because this sat has issues with a power wheel or something like that even the Northwest of the US had this issue, this is why 129 will be replace with Ciel sat, anyway 61.5 in the M City is fading...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)