Moving to new home - installation questions - existing dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, we had 2 SD-DVR80's and possibly an R10. I know it was something of that nature. We may have had 1 standard non-DVR receiver in the mix too.
With a SWiM-16? ...

How did the installers get a SWiM-16 to work SD-DVR80s and an R10 that are both non-SWiM legacy only receivers?

Like I say though ...

Kinda keep it down ok? ...

My 5D2RB LNB might overhear you and stop supporting up to 21 tuners because DIRECTV engineering "officially" says its only supposed to be up to 13.

(Using 17 tuners here presently for an HR54 Genie and 5 HR24s)

The genie uses the tuners differently.

For example the Dswm30 supports 6 genie receivers for 30 tuners, yet will do 26 stand alone receivers.

With a SWiM-16? ...

How did the installers get a SWiM-16 to work SD-DVR80s and an R10 that are both non-SWiM legacy only receivers?

So, it's actually very likely we had a different arrangement back then.

I actually remember now doing a dish swap and such when we got a new TV that was HD and switched a few receivers out.

Why they put such a big SWiM switch in at that time I do not remember, although it seems like at least some of the receivers we had before we got a Genie all had 2 lines going to them.

Anyway, that's all old news. :) New house only has 3 receivers, with this 4-way splitter and 1 line coming down from dish.

So, it's actually very likely we had a different arrangement back then.

I actually remember now doing a dish swap and such when we got a new TV that was HD and switched a few receivers out.

Why they put such a big SWiM switch in at that time I do not remember, although it seems like at least some of the receivers we had before we got a Genie all had 2 lines going to them.

Anyway, that's all old news. :) New house only has 3 receivers, with this 4-way splitter and 1 line coming down from dish.
Chances are they put the LARGE switch in because they didn't have what they wanted on the truck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)