Moving to new home with a vip222k receiver, has existing 500 satellites

hulkster

Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
philadelphia
Hi, hope someone can see this issue and suggest what to do:

We're moving to a new home and, the house already has 2 dish network 500 dishes on the side of the roof, I think one is pointing to 119/110 as its southwest and other to 61.5 as its towards southeast. I tried bringing our active vip222k receiver and hooked up both coax feeds from the two satellites to the receiver, only TV1 can see the channels, but TV2 won't show anything "says complete signal loss". Obviously TV2 coax line is guaranteed disconnected from the roof or isnt connected to the 119/110 dish with the 3 port switch (1 is for 119, 2nd is 110, and 3rd is the LNB in that connects that 61.5).

Anyway, I called dish and they told me they'll put the move as a moving and it will be free, then they say I need an upgrade and it will cost $100. We subscribe currently to the international basic and the rai italia, no english packages for now. The rep used the excuse that they need to install a dish because it wont receive the international programming. But I frigging tried it myself and I was watching the international perfectly on the TV1, so I knew they are lying.

So, basically I just need to know for sure, I want to get the Dish America HD package for the $24.99 promotional for 12 months, then it will go to $34.99 on top of the rai italia. Does anyone know if my vip222k will be able to view the Dish America HD channels on TV2 as its a SD? I'm afraid that only TV1 will be able to watch those channels, but TV2 as its SD wont be able to get them. Plus anyone know if 119 or 110 can access Dish America HD or do I need to turn that 2nd dish on roof from 61.5 to 128 for Dish America? If I cant get that $24.99 promotion, can I just cancel Dish Network all together, and just reactivate it again under my name at the new address and do everything online when ordering? The vip222k is mines and bought it myself. I just hate to pay dish for a simple job to just twist the Satellite 1 coax to the switch as the house has the the setup from a previous Dish Network owner that was left behind.

I know its complicated, but appreciate everyone's input and suggestions what should I do.

The ViP222 will down convert the TV2 feed so you would be able to view programming on TV2 if you were to subscribe to a DISH America package. If you send me a PM with your phone or account number I can answer your other questions more specifically. Thanks!

It seems that you don't have a back feed from your 222 rec to tv2. What u need is a direct feed coax from the back of 222 out to your tv 2

In order to get international channels you need a new dish. You need a 500+ which receives sat 118. You might be seeing your international programming now from 61.5 but eventually it is moving off and will only be on 118.7. They will swap the dish and correct the cabling to get your tv2 working and you will get all programming paid for with the 500+. If your HD locals are on 61.5 though, you'll need a 2 dish set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Do you know what satellite gets the HD channels that come with dish america though? I already have two dish 500 pluses on the roof, so I guess all they gotta do is turn it to 118 and the other to 129 for the HD or keep it at 119/110?

Do you know what satellite gets the HD channels that come with dish america though? I already have two dish 500 pluses on the roof, so I guess all they gotta do is turn it to 118 and the other to 129 for the HD or keep it at 119/110?
I have a strong suspicion you don't know what you have for equipment. A dish 500 picks up 119 & 110 and is about 20" wide. A dish 500+ picks up 110/118.7 and 119 and is about 3' wide, that same dish with an additional bracket becomes a dish 1000+ and adds the 129 satellite for HD. When you learn as much as the DISH installer then you can talk down to them right now you just show your ignorance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)