"Moving" to Philly from CT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pinkfloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
I just learned the CW is offered in HD in Philly, would a "Move" from CT to Philly work??? are we on the same Spot beam?

Thanks

I just learned the CW is offered in HD in Philly, would a "Move" from CT to Philly work??? are we on the same Spot beam?

Thanks

I'm not sure if you are close enough, but I doubt it. Where in CT are you? I am in Cheshire and get WTXX fine. You may need a better antenna.

I'm not sure if you are close enough, but I doubt it. Where in CT are you? I am in Cheshire and get WTXX fine. You may need a better antenna.

I am in Wallingford... I have a real hard time getting wtxx and wtic

looks like your answer will be the same as your moving to Atlanta thread. Maybe you can move to Boston, I don't know if they have CW in HD.

looks like your answer will be the same as your moving to Atlanta thread. Maybe you can move to Boston, I don't know if they have CW in HD.

Boston and New York work.. but no CW in HD .. I am suprised they haven't picked up CW11 WPIX in HD out of New York.

I have been reading about people "Moving" to get local channels. How far can you be from an area and still receive the signal ? I live in Wellsboro, PA 16901. The closest area to me that has locals is Philadelphia, PA. If I "Moved" would I be able to receive the Philadelphia local channels ?

I have been reading about people "Moving" to get local channels. How far can you be from an area and still receive the signal ? I live in Wellsboro, PA 16901. The closest area to me that has locals is Philadelphia, PA. If I "Moved" would I be able to receive the Philadelphia local channels ?

I would say tentatively yes. I think the spotbeams cover a heck of a range. I know CT is close to Boston but my signals are strong for both New York and Boston (I've moved to both areas in the past). The Philly market has to be encroaching into deep parts of Eastern PA. Its part of the market anyways. You look like on on the fringe (wink wink).

I am in Wallingford... I have a real hard time getting wtxx and wtic

Have you checked www.antennaweb.org? What kind of antenna do you have? You should be able to get both without much trouble. It could be the antenna work being done on Rattlesnake Mtn. Have you gotten them before but not now?

Have you checked www.antennaweb.org? What kind of antenna do you have? You should be able to get both without much trouble. It could be the antenna work being done on Rattlesnake Mtn. Have you gotten them before but not now?

I did get them before, but lately they come and go and pixelate badly. I hate having to climb up on the roof and adjust the antenna all the time.. Is there an Indoor solution that might work better?

I did get them before, but lately they come and go and pixelate badly. I hate having to climb up on the roof and adjust the antenna all the time.. Is there an Indoor solution that might work better?

Put a rotator on the antenna. I think it's Channel Master 9521.

Philly locals come in great in CT !!!

Really? Thats awesome. I knew the spotbeams cover a heck of a range but this is great. This is why I cant understand why they cant do more with the spotbeams and do more national RSN sports coverage with the Spaceways. NESN HD blows my mind why its only in Boston zip codes when the actual beam is from Canada to Virginia (just a guess).

Oh my God. I can't take this anymore. Okay, I'm in West Hartford and I'm so jumping on this bandwagon. Somebody tell me how to "move" to a different city. And put it in dumb speak because I'm a young satellite enthusiast here. ;)

It's easy.. If you know anyone who lives in philly , ask them to use there address and phone number, then call Directv and tell them you have moved and give them your new address.. let them know you already installed the equiptment and it is working. If you dont know anyone in Philly , just call up a UPS Store and open a Mailbox with them.. You will then have a Physical street adress to "MOVE" to.. and you can get a philly phone number for $38 for the entire year through Skype... Good luck Smallville HD lookes awesome last night!!! .. BTW get a Small antenna and you still can pull in some CT locals , so then your not out of touch with local news and events!! GOOD luck!

Its even easier to move. I took a real address, changed it a bit, kept my billing address and phone and thats it. You just have to tell them your new moved address.

Its even easier to move. I took a real address, changed it a bit, kept my billing address and phone and thats it. You just have to tell them your new moved address.

Hmm. Define "changed." You picked one out of the phone book? :eek:

I'm "movin'" to New York, so I'm thinking my new place is in Greenwich. Might as well. :D

I'm "movin'" to New York, so I'm thinking my new place is in Greenwich. Might as well. :D

If you move to the NEW YORK area , you wont get the CW in HD.. Thats why I picked Philly.... Philly news is comical, action news 6 has some weird theme music , reminds me of the 80's.... There crazy over there a Young teenager stole a bus and was picking up passengers , he got busted because one of the passengers thought he looked a little young.. Then when he got bailed out he did it again..

Yep. I just went to whitepages.com and looked up someone with a similar name, change the address a bit, and used it. I did make sure to pick one in the core area. NESN HD is limited to specificaly Boston so I made sure the zip was defined as Boston. The CSR asked no questions and just changed it with locals showing in a minute. Simple as pie. :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)