"Moving" to Philly from CT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
and you can get a philly phone number for $38 for the entire year through Skype...

There's NO need for this - your existing phone# will do fine. (assuming you even use a landline in the first place) D* doesn't care what # call's in, as long as it's the same for ALL your receivers on your account. ;) ;)

I currently do not have Direct but am thinking of changing so that I can get the Philly HD locals. Could someone tell me if this is a one dish setup ?

I currently do not have Direct but am thinking of changing so that I can get the Philly HD locals. Could someone tell me if this is a one dish setup ?

Yep 1 dish... need the AT9 for the HD.. or just the phase 3 for SD

If you move to the NEW YORK area , you wont get the CW in HD.. Thats why I picked Philly.... Philly news is comical, action news 6 has some weird theme music , reminds me of the 80's.... There crazy over there a Young teenager stole a bus and was picking up passengers , he got busted because one of the passengers thought he looked a little young.. Then when he got bailed out he did it again..

I don't have an HDTV anyways. I'm just trying to get a city with a Good Day morning show. I want Good Day LA - but I think that's probably pushing it. I love the 6ABC music! They show like people in action while they play it. And I love Cecily Tyson. I'm declaring my love right now.

Umm... I used to live in PA. ;)

Isn't Camden and West Philly wacky?

Last edited:
Yep. I just went to whitepages.com and looked up someone with a similar name, change the address a bit, and used it. I did make sure to pick one in the core area. NESN HD is limited to specificaly Boston so I made sure the zip was defined as Boston. The CSR asked no questions and just changed it with locals showing in a minute. Simple as pie. :hungry:

God, why doesn't everybody do this? It's so liberating!

God, why doesn't everybody do this? It's so liberating!

I have the best configuration now. Hartford locals OTA and Boston/NESN HD to supplement it. I always did hate how we were treated like a New York suburb rather then New England. I just wish they would fix the 1080i 8mm issue on MPEG4 channels in the Boston market.

I hope all you folks that are "moving" to Philly to get HD locals that us poor souls that actually live here get no Regional Sportsnetwork which really sucks. While everyone else in the country is enjoying RSN's in HD. We get nothing thanks to Comcast.

I hope all you folks that are "moving" to Philly to get HD locals that us poor souls that actually live here get no Regional Sportsnetwork which really sucks. While everyone else in the country is enjoying RSN's in HD. We get nothing thanks to Comcast.

I'm a Philly sports fan (Dad grew up there). Thats why I was so interested in this thread and was hoping it would work. But the lack of RSN keeps me in NE. I hope D* wins its case against Comcast. I will move again if they do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts