Moving ViP722 Exterior / Setup Help

pseudepigraphy

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
NM
Coming from East Coast to NM with ViP722 (No K) in tow with lifetime HD. There's an existing “SlimLine” satellite dish with a WNC Dish Network SlimLine Intergrated Ka/KU LNBs model number: SL5PIG-WNC attached. It had a different setup than what my east coast “Turbo Dish” DP Plus Digital LNB was. East coast had a jumper between the second and LNB connectors. The SlimLine had 2 lines to their primary receiver and 2 lines to 2 other rooms. Short question is what's the best way to setup the ViP722 to the SlimeLine satellite dish. Also would I jumper the same way?

I ran a switch test, with the first and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] LNB lines directly to the receiver and the switch test came back with:

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The check switch test has found you have fewer satellites than previously detected. Selecting “Save” will result in a loss of channels. Press “Cancel” to keep the original setting and return to the previous menu. Only select “Save” if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added / removed equipment.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Any help would be much appreciated.[/FONT]

I'm pretty sure "Slimline", "WNC" and "SL5PIG-WNC" refer to DirecTV components. You need a new dish.

I'm pretty sure "Slimline", "WNC" and "SL5PIG-WNC" refer to DirecTV components. You need a new dish.

My bad. Standing out in the freezing cold, "SlimLine" somehow changed to Dish Network. I have an east coast Dish, so I'll just need the right LNB for the west coast if what I've read / understand. Thanks for the reply.

My bad. Standing out in the freezing cold, "SlimLine" somehow changed to Dish Network. I have an east coast Dish, so I'll just need the right LNB for the west coast if what I've read / understand. Thanks for the reply.
You need a new dish and LNB if all you have is the "slimline" other wise you need a 1000.2 Western Arc or a 1000.4 Western Arc LNB depending on the dish you had on the East Coast.

You need a new dish and LNB if all you have is the "slimline" other wise you need a 1000.2 Western Arc or a 1000.4 Western Arc LNB depending on the dish you had on the East Coast.

I have the Dish "Turbo Dish" satellite dish setup from the east coast with the Pro Plus LNB, which as I understand it would use the 1000.2 Western Arc LNB. I found one of those new on Amazon for $14.00 + shipping, which Amazon says has shipped already. Just waiting for that to come in. Thanks for the reply.

Just get with dish or DIRT and setup a Dish Mover and they'll take care of setting everything up

Every time I call, or chat with Dish reps, I loose hair and brain cells, my teeth fall out and I end up needing some sort of 'Dish Therapy'. NOTHING is easy with Dish Network reps, yeah. Although I may have to consider it, should my evil 'doitmyself' plan fail. Thank you for the reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts