Partial / Complete Signal Loss & Dish heaters?

mac1231

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Utah
Hello,

Newbie here. I'm a recent DISH convert from cable, 10 months into my 2-year contract. In those 10 months, I've encountered partial/complete signal loss on several occasions (at first it was wind/rain). I'm currently dealing with snow/ice causing signal loss on almost a daily basis.

I'm not willing to go outside and deal with the problem every time it arises. Period. My dish sits a good 30 feet off the ground, just below the peak of my upper roofline. I don't do ladders. I tried an extension pole to brush it off, and have purchased a super-soaker.

The POINT is, I'm done messing with it. I don't pay good money for a service that is spotty, or to have to go out and deal with it after teaching all day. I expect coverage all the time. If I can't get that, I'll go back to cable.

I am willing to invest $100 or so into the purchase and installation of an automatic dish heater. Do any of you have experience with the HotShot or Ice Zapper? If so, do you recommend either? I've looked through all the threads, and I see a lot of people who are willing to climb a ladder or spray Pam (or other options), putting it on a pole for easier cleaning access, or those who suggest that I put children/grandchildren on the roof. That's how they handle it. I won't do any of those.

I am looking for real solutions.
Thanks,
Mac

Call Dish or talk with a DIRT member and get a tech out to move your dish to a better location due to the on going issues you have or somewhere you can access it yourself if snow builds up.
Good suggestion you need to find your real problem and solve it rather than treat symptoms.

Call Dish or talk with a DIRT member and get a tech out to move your dish to a better location due to the on going issues you have or somewhere you can access it yourself if snow builds up.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts