Moving Voom Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
H-town, Tejas
I'll be moving to a new place soon, and assuming I can still receive Voom (balcony faces correctly, etc.) what are Voom's procedures? AFAIK, 3 things could happen:

1. Move my own dish and receivers. This is what I would want to do, but might be seen as a self-install :eek: , which a 4-letter word to Voom. I might do it anyway, then call Voom and just change my address. Might be fun to see what happens.

2. De-install and then re-install at my new place through Installs, inc. :mad: Pain in the butt, especially during a move. I'd have to wait on an installer twice, and we all know how reliable and smart the installers are.

3. Voom has some kind of move policy that I don't know about like E*'s Dish Mover. :confused:

Has anyone gone through moving with Voom? Thanks in advance for all input.

Well, if you read their customer agreement you'll find that you are not allowed to move or relocate any equipment on your own. This would affect you only if you are leasing their hardware.
I actually asked Voom about it before they installed it. I was told that they have to move all equipments if I decide to move and to pay uninstall/install fee. This makes no sense to me as I would rather drop Voom if I have to pay a couple hundred dollars (?!) moving fee.
I plan to move soon and was thinking to take their equipment with me, set it up and then call them. Wonder what they would say. I know one thing for sure - I'm will not pay for any installation fee.

Ok so I bit the bullet and sat on hold with Voom. Turns out if you are a lease customer, you can call Voom and they will deinstall at your old place, then reinstall at your new place FOR FREE. They treat it like a cancellation and a new signup.

I know what your next question is before you ask it: What happens after May 31st and the install is $199 for new customers? I was told that even after May 31st you can get the install free and continue on as though you were at your old address.

Now if you own your equipment, voom sticks it to you by telling you to move your own stuff, BUT THEY HAVE TO INSTALL IT. Over $100; no joke. Good thing I'm not a charter member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts