"Moving" wait time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1nonly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
After initial installation, how long did you folks wait to "move". How long would you suggest waiting after the installer is done tomorrow for me to "move"?

After initial installation, how long did you folks wait to "move". How long would you suggest waiting after the installer is done tomorrow for me to "move"?

I don't recommend moving EVER.
What happens when you have to have them come out to fix something or replace a rec or dish ?
They will go to some location you gave them , no wheres near you and you will not get the service you need at that point.
It's also technically against the law

Jimbo

2-3 months to ensure everything works right. heed jimbos words too, you'll have to move back if anything goes wrong, or fix it yourself. multiple moves will lead to questions.

iI "moved" once within a day (or 2) of the installation to a location where they had the CW HD (still within my spotbeam). dish had problems, "moved" back to original address. Two weeks later "moved" to the east coast. Then dish got totally messed up and had to had to call them for repair. Of course the system was not in the east coast so I gave him the actual address. Still under 90 days warranty, so they came and fix it for free. I was about to "move" back to the East coast, but, as it turns out, they never updated the service address!

Now, thinking about "moving" to my actual address since it has all six networks! But then I will not be able to watch the shows 3 hours ahead! decisions, decisions...

At any rate, I dont' think Dtv or Dish care about your "moving" and how often. I may be way wrong but I have "moved" many times with both providers with no problem. IN fact, with dish I ended up getting East/West coast HD feeds at some point!

THank you for your post. Althugh it may be question of morality, i was asking those who have moved and I do appreciate your reply. I'm just trying to get the most of what i'm paying for. I'm not getting locals for free, I will have to pay for them, so there you go. I do appreciate all posts, though.

UPDATE!!!

Done, a mere seven hours after initial installation. Proof that it can be done the same day.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESPN FULL COURT Superfan?

Powered 8x4 splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)