Moving with Contract?? HELP!

larryj2112

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
I have only had my dish network for about six months. Now my wife and I have to make a cross country move. Nevada to Indiana. The apartment we are moving into, we haven't seen yet. My question is, what if I can't get a signal where my apartment is? We aggreed to 18 months when we signed up. Will dish network work with me on this, or am I just screwed?

Thanks
Larry J
Laughlin, NV

I think during the first 18-months, the DishMover is free isn' it? All you have to do is bring your receiver with you and they'll take care of the rest.

Free it might be, but thats not the problem or question. What I mean is, what if the apartment I am moving into does not give me a clear shot to the southern sky. Therefore, I wont be able to keep the dish. Will they let me out of my contact if that is the case?

Larry Johnson
Laughlin, NV

Free it might be, but thats not the problem or question. What I mean is, what if the apartment I am moving into does not give me a clear shot to the southern sky. Therefore, I wont be able to keep the dish. Will they let me out of my contact if that is the case?

Larry Johnson
Laughlin, NV

I always say it's worth a shot. All you'll get here is educated guesses on what'll happen. When you are ready, call Dish and let them know you need to suspend your serivce while you're doing a move and give them your move info, new address, etc. I'd suggest you NOT give them a turn on date yet. Wait until you see the apartment. Even if you suspect some issues at the new place, let them try! I had an installer tell me that most of the time, if you get a good installer, there's almost always something they can do.

Good luck!

If you schedule thw move through DISH Network Directly and one of their technicians determine there is NLOS, then you should be able to get out of your contract.

The only time you would be penalized for breaking contract is if...

#1 You cancel service without agreeing to a Dishmover

#2 You can get a line of site at your new home, but refuse to let the service get installed.

#3 You call and cancel with no reason

#4 You don't pay your bill!

Typically $13.33 x the number of months remaining... Or at least that's what I read somewhere.

Question: My wife and I are totally new to any type of sat. tv. We had Dish TV installed this past Saturday, five days ago, at our new apartment. We didn't know about the specific rules of where you can place the dish. The tech installed the dish on the roof of our patio where we got a great signal. The next day our apartment management flipped out saying that we could only install the sat. dish on our patio and that they were complying with section 207 of the telecommunications act of 1996. When we had the tech come back to remove the dish from the roof of our patio and install it on our patio he could no longer get a line of sight signal. The tech tried two different dishes, each connecting to a different satellite at a different angle in the sky with the hopes that one of them could connect. After trying different positions the tech was unable to get a signal with either sat. dish. My question is do we have any hope of getting the $350 security deposit/fees, or any portion of it back, and would we be forced into paying an ETF even though it's been only 5 days and we are only canceling because of no line of sight when complying with our present sat. dish location restrictions? Please advise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)